Part 20: Kill Me Along With You

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

F L A S H B A C K

"Yes yes Shifa I'll be there shortly and I'm so sorry that I am late. Please bear with me," I say while locking the main door of my house. "Yeah bye Love you," I reply and cut my best friend's call and jog to my car in my 2-inch heels, dressed for her birthday party. Please, God, help me reach her place in time with safety. I mutter a small prayer I do while leaving my home and start my car.

Just as I started the car, the engine made some weird noise adding more to my bad luck. Shit! I'll have to take a ride there.

I make a stop at the florist to collect the flower bouquet I ordered for Shifa. The cab driver being an idiot couldn't wait for two minutes till I came back with the flowers and so he asked me to pay for the ride and went away.

I gave the receipt to the florist, who went inside probably to bring the flowers. I had gotten her a perfume and watch from Dior along with a Prada purse as a gift.
Thanks to the idiotic driver, I was now holding the gifts all by myself while thinking about how was I going to manage everything all alone.

Soon the florist came with my flowers and I moved to the billing counter. I paid the bill and turned around only to bump into someone and the bouquet slipped from my hands, as I panicked that it might get damaged.

The guy I bumped into held it before it could fall. "Oh my God thank you so much for catching it! I bought it for my best friend and I was worried that it might get damaged. Thank you!" I said without thinking anything and then looked at the guy as he gave me the bouquet.

He looked no less than a model with his hair messy, sculpted jawline and his blue eyes boring into my somewhat green ones. "It's okay, I'm glad I could help you," he spoke in his deep voice which gave me shivers. He then forwarded his hand in front of me and said, "I'm Imran." I managed to shake his hands and say, "Myself Layla. And as much as I would like to talk to you, I've got to be somewhere right now. It's my best friend's birthday and I'm already late."

He looked at me with a frown and said, "You're gonna carry all this by yourself?" I shrugged and said, "Yeah, actually my car ditched me first and then the cab driver. But it's alright, I can manage. It's just a few minutes away, near the Old Paisley Road."

"Actually, I'm going that way so I can give you a lift." I hesitate, not knowing what to say. "I know that you're confused but don't worry, I don't bite. Lemme get this," he said and held the gift bags in his hand while gesturing for me to follow him. I nod and follow him to his car where he opens the front door for me to sit.

He gently closed the door after I sat inside, did a quick jog to the other side and placed the bags in the backseat. He then sat in the driving seat and looked at me, asking for the location. After I gave him the address to Shifa's place, he drove off while playing some music.

"Why'd you help me?" I ask with hesitation as looks at me and replies, "Well, I couldn't let a pretty lady stand there all by herself waiting for a cab. Plus I was going the same way so I thought why not." I smile at his words and feel my cheeks heating.

Come on Layla you hardly know him!
My inner voice shouted at me for blushing at the praise.

"So tell me about yourself, Layla," he says and I reply, "Well, I'm currently in school and I aim to become a doctor so that I can help people. My best friends are Shifa- whose party I am going to and Iqra." He nods and says, "Oh wow! Even I wish to become a doctor. Guess we have the same choices."