Part 19: I'm Glad I Could Help

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

The smirk now disappeared from his face and he looked at me. "You know Layla, when I first proposed you, I never thought we would be together. But look at us now- we're together and happy!" He said and hugged me, while I hugged him back.

We stayed like that for a while until my stomach made a sound, obnoxiously loud making us break into fits of laughter.

"So you were lying to me, I see. For that... you must be punished," he said and leaned into me, and my heartbeat gradually increased. I felt as if my heart would jump out any minute now.

His face was just inches apart from mine and I could smell his cologne. His hand snaked at my waist, pulling me towards him till our noses touched.

"Am- Amaan," I made some distance between us and tried to speak, but he kept his finger on my lips, stopping me midway. I wasn't ready for this, but I guess someday I will have to be ready. So, I closed my eyes and felt Amaan's hand behind my neck. His other hand was still at my waist, pulling me slowly towards himself.

I can't believe we're gonna kiss, it is weird for me. I've always imagined how my first kiss would be, and now I'm in that exact moment. I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with an expression Ive never seen before.

"Are you sure Layla?" He asked and I thought about it. I wasn't sure about it. I didn't even know whether I wanted to do this or not. I am confused. I removed myself from his grip and moved aside.

I couldn't lose my first kiss to anyone if I wasn't sure of my decision. He looked at me, obviously confused about my actions. "I'm sorry, I-I can't Amaan," I say and rush out of the room and then the house. I make my way to the water near the shore and let the waves attack my feet.

I wrap my hands around myself, now feeling warm and protected by the cold breeze. I noticed that the boy was still out, this time he was doing something on his phone. Just then, my phone blinked, and I received a message from Imran on my Instagram.

It read, "Hey, just wanted to ask how you're doing now." Just when I think I should stop thinking about him, he pops up in my life out of nowhere. I reply to him saying, "Yeah much better now. Thanks for the concern, and also for helping me out that day. I don't know what would happen if you wouldn't have been there at the right time"
He sent an emoji with a boy hitting his head and said, "Well, I'm glad I could help you. Take care." I sent him a smiley and said, "You too."

I think he's changing. The way he now behaves around me and Zayn shows that maybe after all these years of annoying the hell out of us, he's finally changing. Maybe there's something good in him, which can restore the relationship between Zayn and him.
I want nothing else than to see my brother happy with his. The first time I met Imran when we weren't aware of each other's identities, he was sweet to me. He's always been a little flirty, but when he found that I was Zayn's friend-cum-sister, he started doing it more, only to annoy Zayn. The relation I had with Imran at first, when we didn't know about each other's relationship with Zayn was unforgettable.

At first, I thought he was cute and the perfect guy that every girl wants. Day by day as we spent some time, I started to like him a bit. That tiny feeling in my heart that said, "Layla he's perfect for you" screamed whenever we used to meet.

No one except Iqra and Shifa knew about what feelings I had for him.

I thought he was good and sweet, but later on, when Zayn opened up to me about his acts, the only thing left in my heart for Imran was hate and anger. I mean, how can one be so cruel and mean to their own blood? Well, I can't act this surprised, given how my elder sister's been treating me for the past year.
It's like she's become this completely different person living inside my sister. Saying mean and hurtful things to me, comparing me with the siblings of her friends, and whatnot.

Sometimes I feel like I'm done with all of it. I feel like snapping and losing myself, but then again, if I do something like that, will just be another lame reason she gives my parents about me misbehaving with her. I remember how we were inseparable just a few years ago. We couldn't live without each other but look at us now. She's busy in her own different world where she has no time for her little sister. These things have brought me and Zayn closer, the way our siblings treat us is almost the same.

Suddenly I feel someone's presence behind me and I turn around to find Amaan standing there with the food. I helped him arrange the food after removing the blankets and pillows from the empty pool I was sitting in. We ate our dinner while talking about ourselves and our friends. After the dinner, he again went inside and came back after a minute with Ice cream tubs along with 2 bowls and spoons.

My eyes immediately light up on seeing my favourite ice cream flavour- Love Potion, by Baskin Robins. It is one of their best-selling ice cream flavours and is sold within a few hours since the parlour opens. I haven't eaten it in so long!

"Amaan where did you get that!" I exclaim as I practically snatch the tub from him and look at him, waiting for his reply. "I asked them to keep two tubs of this aside today morning. I knew you'd like it," he shrugged and I stood up and hugged him while saying, "I love it, Amaan! This is so good!" He hugged me back and shortly let go of me to eat the ice cream.

I took a snap of Amaan serving me 3 scoops of ice cream and the beach decor. I sent it only to selected friends, not wanting anyone else to know about it; I wasn't in the mood to answer their questions. "Amaan, who's that guy?" I ask him as I fill my mouth with the frozen delight and point to that boy. "Uhm, I don't know, They've recently bought that beach house so I haven't had the chance to meet them," he says and I nod.

I checked the time on my watch and gasped, it was 9:15, meaning we had to pack up and leave shortly cause apparently, my parents were gonna be home sooner. Of course, they knew I was out with Amaan, but it's better if I am at home when they come back.

"Amaan, we have to leave shortly, shall we pack up?" I ask him and he nods, starting to clear everything up. I took the plates and cutlery in the kitchen to wash them when Amaan came by my side and asked, "Babe why are you washing them?"

"Well, because if your parents see that there are some unwashed used plates, I don't think they'll be too happy to find that you were here on a date with me. Which is why, to save you from the outburst, I'm washing these," I reply while washing the dishes and he just hugs me in response.

Once I was done with the cleaning, I headed out and saw Amaan putting the now deflated pool in the trunk of his car along with other stuff. "Amaan, shall we go?" He nodded and we made our way to the car, driving off.

* * * * *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33