Part 16: Take selfies and go live

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

*The Next Day*

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

Yesterday was so tiring. We came back home between 7-8 pm. The first thing I did after coming home was take a relaxing shower. It always helps me relax and feel a bit better.

After the shower, I did my prayers, read the Quran for some time, had dinner with my family and went to sleep.

If you ask about right now, I'm late. Like super late for college because I was so tired yesterday that I slept really well in the night and then overslept in the morning. I have changed my clothes and my hair is done. All I have to do is pack my bag for the day.

I hear a honk, so I peep outside my window only to see Amaan waiting for me in his car. I sent him a quick message which said, "Just a min, coming."

I shove my books into the bag along with a claw clip, some chocolates, a lip balm, a comb and elastic and lastly, my wallet. All of these were kept on my side table as I need them every day. I rushed downstairs and give a hug to my mom, who then said, "Lay at least have your breakfast and go."
I then reply to her saying, "Mom I can't I'm too late, I'll eat something in the canteen, bye."

I closed the door and jogged to his car and then sat in the passenger seat. "Amaan sorry I got late," I mumble as he pulls me in a hug.

I hug him back and soon he lets go of it and leans in for a kiss. I immediately leaned back and kept a hand on his lips.
"What?" He asked and I replied, "We're outside my house, are you serious?" I made an excuse and he nodded, believing what I wanted him to.

He drove off to the college and we had small talks in the meanwhile. "Layla, are you free tonight?" He asked me as we reached the parking lot.

"Uhm, probably yes. Why?" I asked, to which he replied, "Can we have dinner together? I miss us badly. I wanna go back to how we were." His words left me shocked. Amaan was never the emotional type of guy.

He never wanted "quality time" with someone, just random parties and stuff. I immediately nodded and smiled. He parked the car and we walked to the buildings, when he said, "I'll message you the time when I'll pick you up." I smiled and we went our ways to the lectures.

People may think I'm wasting his time because I've never let him do anything more than hugs and cheek kisses, but that's not it. I have my reasons and I don't want to do anything if it isn't permanent. We have had arguments over this topic- and they've turned out pretty bad.

But nonetheless, I'm excited about tonight! Him and me, we're gonna go out together, alone, after months and it feels so good. I'm so happy!

I reach the Chemistry class and see that the teacher has just entered the class.

"Mam, may I enter the class?" I ask her and she nods, then asks me why was I a minute late. No like seriously? "I couldn't find a parking spot for my car," I lie. She nods and lets me sit, and I sit next to Sarah.

"Nice lie Layla," she said, and I asked her how did she know I was lying. "Because I saw the snap that you sent from Amaan's car," she says and we giggle quietly, not wanting to drag any attention towards us.

I still remember how the whole class looked at me when Imran was laughing. God, that was horrible.

Soon it was lunchtime and we gathered at the canteen. We didn't meet after yesterday, so yes, I missed them. It's like once you get attached to these people, you can't live a day without talking to them.

During the lectures, my mind was occupied by just one thing- the bruises on my cheeks. Sarah too asked me about it and I said that I got into a little argument with Zahra. They now were very light though, compared to yesterday.

I was thinking about ways to tell them when they'd ask me 'How did all this happen?!'
"Hey Laybooo," Iqra chirped happily and hugged me. I hugged her back and when we let go of the hug, you know what would have happened.

"Layla, what is this on your face?" "What happened Layla?" "Oh my God Layla are you okay? What the hell is this?"

All these questions were fired at me.

All of them panicked and- well not all of them, everyone except Hailey- came to me. That girl would happily take selfies and go live on social media even if I was fighting for my life.

"Iqra listen to me, Im fine, you guys are just panicking for nothing," I try to speak but they wouldn't hear me.

"Layla, how did this happen?" Zayn asked, and I told them.

"Yesterday, when I was going with Imran, some guys came near his car in the parking where I was waiting for him. They said some things and one of them held my cheeks, causing this. I tried to run away but- but I couldn't.
Plus my phone had run out of its charge, due to which I couldn't call anyone. And then, Imran came and saved me. He fought with them and warned them, and took me home safely."

On hearing this, they looked shocked. "Layla, all this happened to you and you didn't bother telling it to any of us?" Amaan asked out of concern, to which I replied, "Amaan, at first, I didn't wanna trouble any of you with this, but then Imran convinced me to tell y'all about it."

"Why didn't he tell me about it yesterday Layla?" Zayn asked, thinking that Imran didn't tell him about it on purpose.

"Zayn, when we came from shopping, you weren't at home. So he waited for you for some time and then went out. Then when he returned, you were already asleep. Which is why he didn't- he couldn't tell you," I explained.

"Who were they?" Zayn questioned, and I knew that if I didn't tell him, sooner or later, he'd find out who did this to me.

"They were our seniors, Jordan, Tyler and Ben. I think they don't like Imran and got into a fight with him and did this to annoy him or something." I spoke as Zayn grew angrier by the second.

"Zayn, we can't do anything about it right now. First, let's eat something and then well decide what to do, hmm?" Iqra said, making him understand.

We ordered our lunch and waited for it to come. No one talked on that topic till we ate our food.

"After classes, meet me here," Zayn said and came towards me, engulfing me in a hug.
"Layla, as long as I am with you, no one can hurt you, ever. And even if someone does, I'll make sure they pay for it," he mumbled into my ear and released me from the hug.

We all then went to our classes. Sarah asked me why was I so quiet all the time and I told her about it.
"So you're saying that Imran fought with them? And these marks? They did this?" I nodded and said, "I'm sorry Sarah, I didn't wanna trouble you or stress you by saying what actually happened."

"I understand Layla. I know it was hard for you, to explain something like that," she said and smiled lightly, and I told her what Zayn had said earlier. "Of course, he would say this. You both have such a bond, that he would do anything for you." She said, and I nod.

For me, Zayn isn't just my best friend, but more than a brother. The same goes for him. He loves me like his baby sister and would do anything for me. Everyone knows that.

*    *    *    *    *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33