Part 11: He Can Just Dream About Her

Kindly vote after reading!! Happy readingg!!<33

𝐈𝐦𝐫𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

"Mom, I'm leaving for college. You want me to get something while coming back?" I asked my mom as I kissed her forehead.

"Imran, I have to select the dresses for Rehaan's fiancée. I'm so confused about what to get for her. I wish someone could help me with it," she said sadly while chopping some vegetables.

I guess I know someone who could help ber with it. "Mom, why don't you take-" "I can take Layla with me!" She exclaimed, completing my sentence. "Yes Mom, I do think that she would accompany you and I was about to say the same."

"But Imran, Zayn told me that they were planning to go some shopping too, so will you bring Layla with you while coming home?"
"Sure Mom, I'll bring her. All you have to do is talk to your son about it else he'll think that I'm gonna kidnap her." She laughed at this and nodded.

"Anything else Mom?" I asked her one last time before leaving and she replied, "Yeah, please get the dress that I have given for alterations from the tailor."
"Okay Mom, bye."

*    *    *    *    *    *

Wow, this day is just so perfect! First, I woke up to my favourite breakfast and now my mom wants me to bring Layla back home with me, which means I get to annoy Zayn. Nothing could be better than this.

I parked my car in the parking lot and went in the direction of the campus.
"Yo Imran!" Theo called out from behind, to which I stopped and side-hugged him. "Why do you look so happy today?" He asked me.

"What? Do I look like a rotten egg otherwise?" I chuckled and told him the reason behind it.
"Oh! So Layla is the reason for your happiness or what?" He smirked, and I know the exact meaning of it.

"Shut up dude." "Yeah fine alright. I won't tease you anymore," he teased to which I lightly hit his shoulder.

We proceeded to our class and sat there, waiting for the lecturer to come. "Uhm, hey, can I- May I sit here?" I turned to see a girl next to me, asking if she could sit there. "Sure," I responded with a smile.

"Dude Imran, where's the teacher?" Theo asked me for the fifth time, causing me to look at him and say, "Theo, we both know you are my best friend but if you repeat that question, I swear I'll hit you."

"Um, excuse me, I need your help," the girl spoke. Theo and I looked towards her when she said, "Those two guys beside me have been troubling me since I got here. I was hoping we could switch our seats?" She asked uncomfortably.
I looked around her and saw Jordan and Tyler sitting next to her and passing looks at each other.

"Hey, do you mind sitting here? My friend has something to say to you," I told her and she quickly switched seats with me, now sitting between me and Theo.

"Imran, what are you doing?" Jordan, the guy asked. "Nothing, I'm just waiting for the teacher to come and teach," I answer, knowing it'll piss him off even more.

"Why are you sitting here?" he asked again, to which I simply replied, "You see, Theo wanted to talk to her regarding something and so I switched seats for my best friend and his friend."

I turned back to the girl who said, "Hey, I am Lexi. Thank you for helping me." I smiled and replied, "No, it's alright. Even if it was someone else in your shoes, I would've helped them. I'm Imran." She smiled at us and Theo introduced himself. "Also, we're best friends, if you didn't find that yet," he said while laughing.

Soon our teacher, Mr. Avery came and started teaching. It was all for about fifteen minutes because he was late today.

As I and Theo got up from our seats along with Lexi, Jordan stopped me.

"Imran, you're gonna pay for this. You didn't have to interfere in my thing."
Yeah like you're gonna threaten me and I'll be scared.

"Look, what you did was cheap and nobody likes it. So I did what I thought was right for Lexi. I did this today for the first time and will continue doing this till you stop," I said and chuckled while he looked kinda pissed.

"Imran, Zayn's on the call. Take this," Theo gave me his phone to which my brother was connected.

"Hey, what now?" I asked as he replied, "Imran, Layla will be waiting for you near your car. And don't think of doing anything stupid to her, alright?"

What does he think of me? "Yeah, I know that Layla is waiting for me near my car and I am going to her in a few minutes. And, don't worry about her when she's with me," I said and disconnected the call.

Jordan looked at me and smirked. He better be not thinking of anything cheap.
"Oh, so two girls at a time Imran? Not bad. And here, you're calling me cheap?" He said and laughed.
"Jordan don't even let any more cheap thoughts enter your mind or I swear I'll make your life a living hell," I swear if he even touches her, I'll break his bones. "Woah dude, chill. At least now I know your weakness- Layla-" "Shut up Jordan. Let's leave Theo. Lexi, come," I said and we left from there.

"Hey, do you mind me asking you a question?" Lexi asked and I nodded. "Is Layla your girlfriend?" I looked at her in surprise while Theo laughed and said, "He wishes. He can just dream about her and them being together."

She shrugged and said, "Don't get me wrong, I was just asking. I do have a boyfriend, it's nothing like that. It's just that the way you reacted when he mentioned her was, well, saying something else."

"So where's your boyfriend?" I asked to change the topic.
We were on our way to drop her at the library.
"He will join the college this week with his best friend. He's at his best friend's place for the vacations and all," she shrugged.
I nodded and she extended her hand towards us and asked, "Friends? If we're not already?" We smiled and shook hands with her.

"Friends," Theo said and I nodded. "Theo, I would suggest that you go and drop her at her car after she's done with the library work. I'll go to Layla and we'll wait for you, hmm?"

"No no, it's alright I'll go on my own," she said, but I couldn't let her go alone after what Jordan said. "Lexi trust me it's okay. Plus if I'll be with you for a few minutes, he will get some time alone with Layla," Theo said and laughed while I hit him on his shoulder.

"Bye Lexi," I waved to her and went on my way to Layla.

*     *     *     *     *     *

I hope you all liked this chapter as well!
Please show some love by voting and sharing the story<3

Thank you for reading!!❤️