Chapter 72

I am nervous... I am pacing up and down the house tidying up still as Chris is picking his mother up from the airport... Everything was set up so fast that i barely got the chance to wrap my head around it... If we would let Lisa, she had gotten on the plane as soon as she could... But instead, we arranged a flight for her a few days later... I wanted some time to set up the guestroom and clean up the house... Not that i had done much... Chris was a little bit overbearing barely letting me do anything... 

 I hear my car pull up and i look out seeing Chris help his mother out before getting her luggage and i groan... I love Lisa i really do but she had so much luggage that i started to wonder if she was ever going to leave again... I didn't mind having Chris around... I didn't mind it at all i loved it more than i was willing to admit right now... But the thought of someone else staying her for a long time made me grumpy... 

Chris and i had gotten close again and although i still told myself that it was just until Pip was here deep down inside i wanted him to stick around... I just didn't want to end up living with his mother... No matter how much i liked her... I started to wonder if she was going to stay until the baby was born seeing as we were nowhere near Boston anymore... It was not a quick 5-hour drive... The fastest way to get here was by plane not the long drive like i had done the first time... 

You could make the drive in one day but i had done it in 2 days not wanting to rush... I had done some sightseeing... Stayed overnight in a hotel halfway and just took my time enjoying the sights... I sigh and walk to the front door opening it for Chris and Lisa... I should have discussed how long she was going to stay but i had been preoccupied with other things...

I put a smile on my face waiting for them to walk up and when Lisa sees me her face lights up... I start to feel guilty for wondering when she i going to leave again as she looks so excited... "Neve!" She squeals hugging me tight when she reached me and i look at Chris who just grins as i hesitantly hug her back...

"Look at you... You are glowing..." She says as she holds me at arm's length... I just blush... "Hello Lisa..." I say and she smiles and hugs me again and i look at Chris for help as she is squishing me... "Okay ma..." Chris says chuckling... "Stop squeezing the air out of Neve..." He says peeling her off of me and she starts to cry... "I'm sorry... I am just so happy to see you..." She says through her tears and i sigh feeling incredibly guilty all of a sudden and start to cry myself... 

"I am happy to see you to..." I say trying to stop myself from crying even harder because it is true... I am happy to see her but i think i am just mindful of my own personal space which is ridiculous because i have no problem with Chris being here and he is the one who caused all this... Lisa never did anything but welcome me... It just all so confusing... It is almost territorial... Territorial over my home...? My baby...? Maybe even Chris which is stupid she is his mom for God's sake... I just can't shake the possessive feeling off it all... Or maybe i am just scared... 

Scared she is going to pressure Chris into pressuring me to go back... I dont want to go back... I want to stay here... Maybe i am scared i am going to lose that battle knowing how important family is to Chris... I am just scared that no matter what we will never really be his first priority... 

"May i...?" Lisa asks pulling me out of my own thoughts and i look at her as she is pointing at my belly... "Let's go inside first... I need to sit down..." I whisper and Lisa nods... While i take Lisa to the living room Chris is taking all her stuff to my guestroom... "How are you feeling?" Lisa asks as we sit down on the couch... "Huge..." I say with a smirk on my face and Lisa laughs... "You look beautiful sweetheart..." She says smiling and i blush... "Chris told me it is a girl..." Lisa says and i nod... "Yes, that is right..." I say with a big smile on my face. 

"No ma she won't tell you the name either..." Chris says appearing pressing a kiss on the of my head smirking at his mother and i chuckle... "Oh come on!" Lisa says rolling her eyes and i chuckle... The baby starts kicking and i take Lisa's hand putting it on my belly and she starts to smile... She is distracted and i look up at Chris who winks at me and if Lisa hadn't been here i would have dragged him into the bedroom... I start to wonder if that is why i am wondering when she is leaving... So, i could climb Chris as a tree not having to be quiet... Was that what it was all about? My sexdrive... My own satisfaction... 

Lisa looks at me with the biggest smile on her face... "Maybe you can show your mother the baby book and the ultrasound videos..." I say looking up at Chris and he nods smiling and goes to get the laptop and baby book from the bedroom...

"I was so happy to hear that you and Chris are back together..." Lisa says and i look at her shocked... I had always been open with Chris that i did not know yet... I had been honest that i loved having him around but i dont know what i wanted after the baby was born...

Chris walks in and looks at my stunned look... "What is wrong...?" He says a little worried... I push myself up and Lisa looks now confused to... "Your mom just told me how happy she was that we are back together..." I say at him a little harsher than intended and i walk out... "Neve...!" He yells after me and i turn around... "I need a moment... Just show your mom the baby book and videos..." I say and walk to the bedroom... "Did i say something wrong?" I hear Lisa ask Chris with worry in her voice... But i can't hear the reaction as i close my bedroom door behind me...