Chapter 84

Chris pov...

I have been home for 2 days now and i am so happy to finally being able to hold my girls again. I miss them so much every time I'm away. My little girls are the lights of my life and Neve... Well i love her even more than the day that i met her... We are married for over 5 years now and together for even longer and although we had a rocky start, we are still going strong and i would not have want it any other way... She is my world... My home, my solace... She is the calm in the storm that is my work life... She is my safe place... 

But i can't help but notice something is off ever since i came home. She looks tired and i feel guilty for being away a lot. Maybe i should work less and be home more to help her with the girls. Charlie and Rose will take them for a night tomorrow and i know they help her when i am away but knowing Neve she does not want to bother people. Last year Dotty died, and it was a hard blow on Neve. Dotty was her mother figure. Especially after her own mother died 6 months after our wedding. Her father had remarried only 4 months later but his new wife and Neve did not get along and since that there was low contact. Neve hated her guts and suspected her dad cheating on her mom... 

I sigh and look at her as she is sitting in bed typing on her laptop. I smile as she is working on her new book, her tongue sticking out as she is fiercely typing... The girls had gone to bed a few hours ago and we had lounged on the couch cuddled up watching a movie but not really watching it, to content just cuddling... But i was tired from work and all the traveling so we decide to just relax in bed. I always need a few days to recharge when i got back home... To get back into the flow of family life...  I was going to take a shower but first i walked over to her and she looked up at me smiling... "Be right back, love..." I whisper and kiss her.  "Take your time handsome... I'll wait..." She whispers and i smirk... 

I walk into the bathroom and grab a towel for myself. I sigh and look in the mirror... I should shave... Or at least trim... So, i open a drawer to get my trimmer... But as soon as i open the drawer my eyes grow wide. This white and blue stick is starting back at me... A pregnancy test... What... How... When... Is it Neve's...? I think to myself taking a deep breath. Stupid question of course it is hers... I take the stick out of the drawer and turn it around... The word pregnant is screaming at me from the little screen. Is Neve pregnant? I start to smile just thinking about it... Another baby... "Wauw..." I whisper softly to myself...

"Neve??" I yell and walk back out to the bedroom, and she looks at me... "What is this...?" I say smirking holding up the test... Her face goes pale... I start to smirk as that tells me enough... "Are you pregnant, love?" I say smirking as i walk over to her... "Yes..." She whispers but doesn't look at me... "Love?" I say softly putting my finger under her chin making her look at me... 

"Why so sad... Is it not a good thing...?" I ask and she looks at me with tears in her eyes... "You are happy about it?" She whispers and i start to smile and sit down taking the laptop and putting it on her bedside table. "Of course... We are having another baby..." I say and kiss her softly. "Are we not getting too old for babies..." She whispers and i smirk... "What... You... To old... Never..." I say and she chuckles... Finally, there is a smile on her face and i kiss her again... "Why did you not tell me..." I whisper and she sighs... "I was going to tonight... But then you told me about the girls going to Charlie and Rose and i figured to tell you when we were alone... But i forgot that i had put the test in the drawer...." She says blushing and i smile... 

"How are you feeling?" I ask and she sighs... "Morning sickness is kicking my butt... I feel bloated and tired all the time..." She mumbles and i sigh... "I am sorry love..." I whisper and kiss her again... "Have you been to a doctor?  How long have you known?" I ask her and she goes on to tell me that she knows for about a week now and she has not been to a doctor yet. 

I sigh and kiss her... Tomorrow after the girls have gone to Charlie and Rose, we will go to the doctor." I say and she nods... "But first..." I say standing up and lifting her out of bed under protest... "I know what will help..." I say and walk her to the bathroom. I put her on the counter and put the stick back in the drawer. I start a bath, and she smiles... "You remembered..." She whispers and i chuckle and shake my head... "How could i forget... You practically lived in the tub the first months when you were pregnant with Riley..." I murmur. She blushes and i chuckle again before kissing her... 

While the tub is filling up i take off my clothes and help her undress...  I can't resist and kiss her belly and she run her hands through my hair. "You really think we can do this all over again..." She whispers and i look up and kiss her with everything i got... "Yes..." I say and she sighs... "We are going to need a bigger house..." She says and i smirk and nod... 

I lift her off the counter and lower her in the tub. She scoots forward and i get behind her pulling her into my chest... "I was thinking..." She whispers as i plant a kiss on her shoulder... "Maybe we should go back..." She whispers and i am stunned for a second... "Back?" I ask and she nods... "Yeah... Back... To New York or maybe even Boston..." She says and i take in a sharp breath. "Are you sure?" I ask and she nods... "Yeah... I dont know why but i feel like going back. A new start... You, me, our girls and the new baby... The girls are still young enough... We can even move to LA if that is easier so you can be home more..." She whispers and i sigh... "I dont know if i want the girls to grow up in LA..." I mumble and Neve nods... "Me either... But with another baby it would be nice if you were home more and i dont know have family around..." She whispers and i nod... "We will figure it out... But tomorrow i will call my team... To take some time off to be here..." I say and she smiles...

We talk a little longer and i can't stop smiling. This is not what i had seen coming... Another baby... And moving back... I love it here i really do but i would be lying if i said i did not miss my family... "I love you, love..." I whisper and she hums as i massage her shoulders... "I love you too handsome..." She mumbles and i smile...