35-

Welcome back, and I hope you enjoy this chapter! After basically overhauling my previous book with editing I've decided to try doing more third person point of view and more honorifics to make it more authentic this time around to sharpen up my skills in that area. I hope you all don't mind, and since this would be my first time doing third person in a while, I would hope you wouldn't make fun of my pathetic attempts at it 😂.

»»---------------------►

Okami and her friends were traveling through a village on their search for the sacred jewel shards. Sango asked Kagome if she could sense any jewel shards in the area and when she replied no, Miroku took that opportunity to try and sneak away from the group and go womanizing. Sango opted to go with him because she could already smell his plan from a mile away. Inuyasha took Kagome's bag off of her bike and sat down by the river saying something about if there were to be a demon around he or Okami would've sensed it by now. Okami sighed at his laziness, but couldn't really help but to agree with him. She couldn't smell or sense any real threatening demon presence in the area so she assumed it to be clear for the time being. The black haired female watched her best friend go to join the half-demon by the river as her small fox companion scampered off by himself.

It was no surprise that Shippo wanted some time to himself. Yes, he was still a child, but he was growing and would soon become a man. Being a man comes with a feeling of wanting independence so Okami let him leave and walked off in her own for a little while. 'Man... I guess I'm all alone for now. What to do, what to do...' The girl thought as her ears and tail sprouted from her being and she sniffed around the surrounding area.

"Look! A doggy!" A little girl's voice started from nearby.

"A doggy! Where?" A young boy's voice asked in reply.

"Over there!" The girl stated.

"Woah~" Okami's ears twitched when she heard two children's voices from behind her. She turned around to find a pair of kids pointing in her direction. One was a boy and one was a girl, the girl had light blonde hair and green eyes while the boy had black hair and blue eyes. They both were rather pale looking. When Okami realized that they had just been calling her a dog she grew a little agitated, an irl mark appearing on her head as she pointed to herself.

"Are you two referring to me?" She asked, annoyed by the fact that they were indirectly comparing her to Inuyasha. The kids both nodded obliviously as they didn't really understand what they were implying. Okami sighed and shook her head knowing that these kids didn't know any better and knelt down to their level.

"Well I hate to break it to you, but I'm a wolf, not a dog. There is a big difference." She said as the two blinked at her a few times before replying.

"Oh~" The two responded in unison as Okami looked behind the two children to find no parents with them despite the young appearance of the two.

"Now, how about you both tell me who you are and what you're doing out here by yourselves? Because by the looks of it you two aren't old enough to be running about by yourselves just yet." The teen with midnight black hair asked as the two looked at one another and giggled nervously.

"Right! Well, I'm Taka, and this is my best friend Mizu." The little girl spoke as the boy beside her cut in.

"That's the shortened version of our names, Taka-chan. Her full name Takashi and mine is Mizuki, but we prefer to be called by our nicknames. It's nice to meet you..." The boy known trailed off since he didn't yet know her name.

"I'm known as Okami. You can call me whatever you'd like. It's nice to meet you both, but that still doesn't explain why you both are out here alone without parental supervision." She explained and the children laughed nervously again.