40

Low key forgot this episode existed for a whole minute. Anyways, get hyped for next chapter because Koga is making a return! On with the chapter now!

»»---------------------►

As the sun set the group was stopped in a large field by a huge centipede. It tried attacking them but Miroku counterattacked before it could deal any real damage. The rest of the team was about to join in before Kagome yelled at them to stop and determined that the centipede had already been defeated as it fell to the ground, no fight left in it "That was rather easy huh?" Okami said as she scratched her cheek and allowed her sword, ears and tail to disappear.

"What a shame..." The girl muttered to herself, disappointed in the demon's lack of difficulty before looking over to the other end of the field where a bunch of villagers stood cheering their group. She raised and eyebrow at them before walking over beside her friends to greet the strangers. They told the group that the very centipede demon they killed was one that had plagued their village for some time now.

"Are you sure we're all talking about the same demon here?" Okami asked as Inuyasha agreed and Kagome jabbed the two in their sides with her elbow since they stood on either side of her. The amber eyed girl just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, deciding to just watch the rest of this interaction. The headman of the village then asked Miroku if they would all like to enjoy a banquet in their honor for their efforts. Miroku turned him down and then mentioned that there were beautiful young women waiting back in the village for them, which automatically made Miroku change his tune. 'Why am in not surprised he'd say that?' Okami thought as she sweat dropped.

»»---------------------►

When they all finally sat down for their meal, Okami went for the noodles and dumplings first. She started eating quietly between Shippo and Inuyasha so that the mutt wouldn't try starting a fight with the fox child. After a while someone came up to her and offered her a drink. She politely declined because she wasn't at the proper drinking age, but said person wasn't taking no for an answer and pulled her away from her friends saying that it would be 'fun' and that 'a little alcohol never hurt anyone'. It pissed her off at first that her friends really didn't notice her disappearance... but then she actually started drinking. In conclusion, she accidentally got herself drunk and began stumbling and swaying around the place before flopping back down into her original seat and falling backwards into the floor behind her with a hum of amusement. "You okay down there, Wolf Pup? What happened to you out there?" Inuyasha asked as he took in her facial expression. She was dazed, her eyes were clouded and her cheeks were flushed red. It didn't take long for him to put the puzzle pieces together and realize that someone had gotten her drunk. He sighed and face palmed as he watched her slowly process his words.

It took her a moment to even realize he was speaking to her, but eventually her eyes drifted to look over at him and she smiled. "Heeeyyyy Inuyasha-kun~ When did you get here?"

"I was here the whole time, remember?" He asked and she giggled.

"Oh yeah... You didn't tell me you had a twin brother." She pondered aloud as Inuyasha sweat dropped at her.

"I don't have a twin brother. I only have Sesshomaru-san." He explained and she raised her eyebrow at him confused.

"Huh? Then why is there another you sitting right next to youuu?" She trailed off as he sighed in response.

"There isn't and you're drunk. Now let's get you some water and then you're going to bed, you hear me?" He asked and she slowly nodded in agreement before the half dog moved and picked her up onto his back. The silver haired male started walking out of the room and for once Okami was extremely compliant, she hadn't insulted him once, nor has she complained about him carrying her... It was definitely a first and an odd one at that for Inuyasha. Kagome asked him where he was going and he only scoffed as he asked the headman where they would be staying that night. The man happily got up and showed him to the room Okami would be staying in. He took her inside and laid her down in her makeshift bed on the floor before turning around and requesting that someone bring her a lot of water immediately. The headman agreed and rushed off right away to get what he had asked for. He sat down beside Okami as she looked around the room.