30

Welcome back! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

I ran after Kagome for what seemed like a lifetime before she finally stopped in front of Kaede's hut. She was panting since by now she was feeling a little exhausted. I rubbed her back in soothing circles as I watched the sun finally begin to rise into the skies above us. After calming down some she looked at me. "I'm going to go inside and give the others their medicine, then I'll get going back to the present. If you want to stay here I suggest you do because I don't want to hold you back by dragging you through the well against your will." She said and I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Listen, I know you're trying to look after me and all, but I don't need you worrying about me right now. Worry about yourself and getting ready to spend the night with me because I'm sleeping over at your place tonight. No ifs, ands, or buts about it." My expression softened when I saw her give a sad smile and nod of her head. She turned around and walked into the hut with me following close behind her.

"Okami! I didn't expect to see you again for another couple days!" I heard a small fox demon call out to me before jumping into my arms.

"I know, it's nice to see you too." I spoke before petting his soft hair. As he relaxed against me I watched Kagome unpack her medicines and bandages. Sango and Miroku both gave me a knowing look as they realized it probably had something to do with Inuyasha. I rolled my eyes at the thought of seeing his face again, lately he has just been making me so angry with his decision making. It was silent for a moment in the hut until I cleared my throat and said something.

"Hate to break it to you guys, but Kagome and I can't stay too long. I only ask that you take care of Shippo and yourselves for me." I said and the two across the room from me nodded. They told Kagome to try and make up with Inuyasha after an argument they had, but Kagome and I both knew that now would not be a good time for discussion. I looked down and noticed that Shippo had accidentally fallen asleep in my arms. 'That's right! I'm usually the one to put him to bed. He must've had a hard time sleeping last night because I wasn't around to help him.' I thought as an idea came to mind. Kagome got up and walked out the door, asking if I was coming and I nodded. Carefully I crouched down to the floor and placed Shippo down gently onto it.

I turned around to leave and as I started to walk through the doorway I turned to Miroku and Sango. "I'll be coming back briefly later on just so you know. Don't wait up for me or anything and don't tell Kagome or that damned mongrel I plan to make a trip back, alright?" They smiled and nodded, hearing the venom dripping from my tone when I said something about Inuyasha and not asking any questions because of it. Kagome and I made it back to the well and looked towards one another. We both gave each other a nod before jumping together through the well. Once we ended up on the other side I stretched my limbs a little.

'Good thing I have clothes already in my backpack so I don't have to go home.' I thought to myself, knowing that if I went back now I would be caught up in an endless conversation with Ozu of which I didn't have time for right now. I crouched down in front of Kagome and she gave me a curious look. "Hop on. It'll be quicker than just climbing up." I said and she nodded in agreement as she got on my back.

"Hold on tight." I said as her grip on me tightened a little as I jumped straight up and out of the well, landing on the rim of it with ease.

"It feels good to be back." I smiled to myself as Kagome slid off of me and hopped off the rim and onto the ground. She turned to me and noticed the look I was giving her, one that screamed that I had something up my sleeve.