39

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

»»---------------------►

Tsubaki called upon a demon for help and Okami hated that she had to sit there while Inuyasha fought all by himself. Every time he'd make an attempt to win, Tsubaki would make the fake flames surrounding Okami's body grow stronger and more intense, causing her ears and tail to disappear on their own because she was too weak to keep herself in that form. It made her grab the grass on the ground beside her and held it as tightly as she could while biting her bottom lip to try and hold back her screams. Eventually Sango and Miroku left her and Kagome's side to try to help them, but only ended up making things more severe, and in the end both girls were knocked out.

»»---------------------►

When the two finally woke up the both were asleep in Kagome's room. Ms. Higurashi was trying to wake them up. "Did you two have a fun at your sleepover last night? I tried my best to keep Sota-kun out of the room. I hope he didn't disturb you two." She said as Okami sat up from her makeshift bed on the floor and Kagome sat up from her bed. The two looked at each other with a similar confused look on their faces.

"What happened to Sango-chan? To Inuyasha-kun, and Miroku-kun? How did we end up back in this world?" The two best friends asked each other as Ms. Higurashi giggled.

"Some dream you two had. The fact that you two had the same one is a little odd too, but no worries! Now get ready for school and come downstairs, both of you! I made us all breakfast!" She exclaimed as she went downstairs excitedly. The two looked at each other before shrugging and doing as they were told. When the got downstairs everyone else in the home was already waiting at the table for them.

"Morning Okami-chan!" Sota called from the table and Okami smiled softly at him and walked over to ruffle up his hair.

"Morning, little man. Did you sleep well?" She asked and he nodded with a grin before Okami finally took her seat beside Kagome. Kagome asked her family when exactly they made it back to this era and all of them got confused. The two of them explained to them what happens when they go through the bone eaters well and Kagome's grandfather was shocked at the fact that they ever went through it when he should've known by now they had done it several times. No matter what the girls told them, they never believed it and eventually they gave up and ate before deciding to check out the well for themselves. When they reached the well it was sealed up, just as it had been before Mistress Centipede has broken through it.

"How did this get boarded up again? Are you sure your family isn't just playing a prank on us? Or was that really all just a dream that we both had?" Okami asked and Kagome shrugged.

"I have no idea..." Kagome said as they looked behind them to see Sota calling for them to hurry up so that they wouldn't be late for school. On their way to school they met up with Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi. Kagome and Okami were off in their own little world though, trying to decipher whether their journey in the feudal era was reality or not. Their friends soon noticed their distress and tried to ask them what was wrong, asking more specifically if it was boyfriend trouble.

"Boyfriend trouble? That's it!" The two exclaimed as their friends raised their eyebrows at them.

"What are you talking about? What's it?" Their friends asked as they raised their eyebrows at them.

"You guys remember our boyfriends, right?" Okami asked and Ayumi nodded excitedly.

"Yeah of course!" She exclaimed as Kagome sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness!" The schoolgirl started only to be cut off by their friends.

"Hojo-kun and Hana-kun!" Their friends cheered in unison as the two deadpanned and shook their heads, groaning out of frustration.