7

Hello all and welcome back! I hope you enjoy this chapter because I really loved making it! Anyways, on with the chapter~

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

After our run in with the noh mask and tests I was worn out, but I made sure to head back to the feudal era one more time before deciding to dedicate my time to Kagome again.

~Flashback Time-To The Feudal Era, In Kaede's Hut~

"A reason to fight?" I asked curiously.

"Precisely, a reason to fight. Right now you are aimlessly running around as if you are a chicken with no head. Without a reason to do what you must do such as fighting, you are acting like you are just carving useless markings into a thriving tree. Without reason, you are killing a beautiful being. So you must determine your reason to fight and it'll become clear. That is when your new abilities will listen to you." Myoga told me and I nodded before bowing my head.

"Thank you for such helpful information, Myoga."

~Flashback Time Over-To Present Day And Time~

Kagome and I were stuck on Sota duty today. We were responsible for taking him to see his hospitalized friend who was in a coma after a fire in his old home. Not that I mind, I love Sota and children, so this was sure to be a fun experience for me. Though Kagome didn't think the same way, what can I say though? We're practically complete opposites. "Hey sis, Okami? Do ghosts really exist?" Sota suddenly asked on the way to the hospital.

"Huh?" Kagome and I said in complete confusion. Once we arrived in the correct room at the hospital that day we were greeted by a kind woman with a bright yet saddened smile.

'There is a lot pain hiding behind those eyes and that smile. She must've been through quite a bit.' I thought as both my and Kagome's eyes were drawn to the hands of the woman which were burnt. The woman seemed to notice our gaze and look down to her own hands as well before speaking.

"Hmm? Oh, these. They were burned in the fire." She explained as we responded.

"I didn't mean to stare!" We both exclaimed before glancing at each other, soft yet sad smiles adorning our faces. The woman then continued to explain how her son wasn't burned but was instead put into a coma and hasn't woken since the unfortunate incident. Suddenly I felt the air in the room run a bit colder than it used to be, causing me to look around a little. After finally finding what had troubled me so much, I had come to find it was a little girl in a red jacket who was hiding under the bed. Okay, 1. Why is there an angry looking little girl there? And 2. Why is she wearing a jacket in this season? Seriously though why?... My eyes widened at her sudden appearance, soon after I had noticed how her hand was holding onto a tube connected to something that was vital to Satoru's survival. I watched in shock as she pulled on the tub and broke the pouch attached to it.

"Aah!" We all cried out and watched as the whole thing crashed down to the floor. Kagome seemed to notice and recognize the girl as well when her eyes widened upon seeing her like mine, but instead of in shock it was more in recognition.

'Huh? Does Kagome know this girl? But how?' I thought as the woman went over to check the now broken pouch as she practically told us that this has happened multiple times before, also showing that she had not seen the little girl appear.

"Kagome, your seeing what I'm seeing right?" I whispered under my breath to her. She turned tome and nodded, knowing that what we've just seen will not end here. No, no, it has just begun. Sooner or later we were out of the hospital and walking down the street to an old apartment building with Sota, a conversation between us about paranormal activity beginning to brew.