38

Here we go with Tsubaki's chapters. I don't know why writing this out felt difficult for me in a way, but it did. Anyway I tried to show a bit of the past between Tsubaki and Okami's mother since of course she was alive during that time. Hope you enjoy and on with the chapter!

»»---------------------

Okami and Kagome were spending some time in the present day and so far it wasn't going too well. Neither one of them understood what was going on throughout their classes and they were both having a lot of trouble. Their teachers only made it worse when they called on them to read our certain answers or passages written on the board in the front of the room. Luckily the school day ended as soon as it began, Kagome and Okami walking side by side ahead of their three friends who seemed to be whispering about them behind their backs quite literally. "We're so far behind... I don't even know where to begin..." Kagome said as Okami put a hand on her shoulder.

"I know, I don't know what to do either, but now isn't exactly the time to talk about study habits. You promised Inuyasha-kun that we'd be back by sundown and you know what happens when we're late. I think we both would rather not have him coming over to this side of the well and getting himself into trouble because we didn't come back on time." She spoke as Kagome shushed her.

"The hell are you shushing me for?" Okami raised an eyebrow at her friend.

"Don't speak about it so freely like that, Okami-chan! They're gonna hear us!" She exclaimed and her best friend sighed in response.

"What? Them? They're too busy gossiping to even care about a damn word we're saying right now. Believe me if I had a good reason to be more cautious, I would, but these girls just don't pay attention so there's no reason to hide it." The black haired teenager shrugged as Kagome huffed.

"Whatever! Just please try and keep it down a little?" She continued until Okami agreed.

"Alright, fine." The dark haired woman sighed as her friend smiled at her triumphantly since she is one of the few people that can convince her to listen to reason.

"Thank you." Kagome replied as their other friends started eyeing them as if looking for an opening to talk to them about something.

»»---------------------►

Just then the girls in question walked up beside them. They started talking about cheering up and getting over some creeps. "Huh? Get over who?" She asked them as she thought about what the hell they would be referring to. 'What creep am I supposed to get over? Hana-kun? No I've never even been interested in him so there's nothing to get over, besides they want me to be with him... Wait- Are they... Talking about Koga-kun?'

"Those two-timing, bad boys you guys were dating, duh!" Eri exclaimed as she shook Kagome's shoulder.

"You guys broke up didn't you?" Ayumi asked as she curiously grabbed onto the top half of Okami's sleeve to grab her attention.

"Or does none of that ring a bell?" Yuka finished sarcastically. Kagome and Okami looked at each other before deadpanning and turning back to their friends causing them to lose their grips on them.

"Well..." Okami started as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"About that, we uh..." Kagome continued for her as she scratched her cheek.

"Oh no... What's happened this time?" They all asked in unison.

"We made up! Didn't we tell you?" Kagome and Okami said in unison as their friends all stared at them for a moment. Soon enough they dragged them to 'Wacdnald' to eat some food and discuss why in the world they took them back in the first place.