25

Welcome back! Let's get started!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

Tonight our group had stopped to rest in a small hut that we found in the forest. Kagome was bandaging Inuyasha up from his previous battle with Koga as of now. Shippo was sitting in front of me as I took the bow out of Shippo's hair, letting it fall to frame his face. Whilst our group bounced around the idea that Kagura might've been born from Naraku, I removed a brush from my bag and started to brush through his locks, which was extremely soft. "You spoke with one of the demon wolf tribe members, didn't you Okami? Did they say anything about her ties to Naraku?" Sango asked and I shook my head slowly.

"The man I had met was named Niko, and he seemed to know nothing about Naraku since he didn't bring him up. I assume the only person he met that day was Kagura who brought him to his untimely demise soon after their first meeting." I said as I finished going through the hair that belonged to the boy sitting in front of me. I placed the bow back neatly into his hair before allowing him to rest in my lap for the time being. We continued thinking about the possible new powers that Naraku might've gained for a bit longer into the night until we all decided to sleep it off and ponder it some more later.

The next morning our group came upon a foggy lake of sorts. Shippo was sitting upon my shoulder as usual as we started to explore a little, Sango walking ahead to gather water. After a moment or two of leaving her alone in the fog I heard yelling and splashing noises near the area she had disappeared into. Inuyasha and I gave each other a knowing look before I gave Shippo to Kagome and ran off towards the noise with him. When we finally found Sango she was about to be captured by some random village men. Inuyasha and I of course wouldn't allow this and punched all of the villagers away from her, causing them to retreat from us. "You alright Sango?" I asked and she nodded before thanking us for our efforts. I hummed and nodded in return as another girl appeared behind us who seemed to be younger than me.

"Thank you." She thanked us as well and I concluded that those men must've been originally searching for her. Kagome, Miroku and Shippo finally caught up to us at this point, and almost immediately the strange girl recognized Miroku for some reason. She ran up to him and hugged him like they've known each other for quite some time. My head tilted slightly to the side as a confused look overtook my face.

"Can someone explain to me how this girl knows Miroku?" I asked and Kagome made her way to my side.

"Probably something to do with lechery." She whispered to me and I nodded in agreement. That was when the girl finally revealed her name to be Koharu. The monk seemed to quickly remember who she was now as she retold the story of their first meeting where supposedly Miroku had asked her to bear his children at the mere age of eleven! Sango, Kagome and I started to go off on him for his lecherous actions before Koharu cut in and said that it was the happiest day of her life. I sweat dropped at her behavior and she continued her story of how a man in her village was coming into her as of late and she had to run away from home because of it. Koharu started to beg us to take her with us, but we all already knew what the answer had to be. She then offered to bear his children in exchange for her being able to stay and we all gave them weird looks.

»»---------------------►

'I don't know if I'll ever get used to the feudal eras rules and customs...' I thought and internally sighed to myself. We all brought Koharu back to the hut we had been staying in and Kagome took Koharu off to the nearby stream while the rest of us talked about our new orphan situation. I sat on the roof of the building, my legs swaying over the edge above Inubaka's head as they discussed the topic of what to do with Koharu.