47

Hey everyone, happy holidays! Welcome back and hope you enjoy the chapter!

»»---------------------►

Okami sat beside her best friend and watched her play a game of cards against Miroku next to their campfire in a dimly lit forest that they decided to take refuge in for the night. Shippo sat in the girl's lap as per usual with Kirara right beside him. Kagome loudly cheered when she won again against him and their demon slayer companion scolded him as they called the playing cards Karuta cards. The two teenagers had to explain to them that they were only playing cards meant for fun and games. Inuyasha wasn't exactly happy with everyone being loud so he began to tell them off for it only for Kagome to tell him to just join in instead of sitting alone in a funk, but he refused to listen. After a while of talking amongst themselves about how to break through Naraku's barrier a certain flea's voice piped up out of nowhere. "Inuyasha-sama! Okami-chan! I have the solution to the barrier problem!" He said as he began sucking on his master's neck. The male smacked the flea off of him as the flea's flattened body fell into his hand and Myoga soon inflated back to normal size. The half demon girl became interested and gently picked the two in her lap up and set them onto the soft grass below them before moving over to Inuyasha's side.

"What is it Myoga-san? What'd you find out?" The female asked him as he started going on a rant about how hard it was to find them, but the mutt just shouted at him to snap him out of it. The gray-haired flea explained that Inuyasha would need to visit the cave of the demon bats in order to take the barrier breaking power from them.

"What about me then?" Okami asked him as he sighed.

"You on the other hand will have to go to and find another barrier breaking source. There isn't enough power for both of you to take from the demon bats so you'll have to go to the lair of the hellhound demons in the area and take the barrier breaking ability from them instead." Myoga explained and Okami tilted her head in confusion.

"Hellhound demons? They have the power to break through barriers?" She pondered aloud.

"Yes! Once they have a set target the will do anything in their power to get to them and nothing can stop them, not even a barrier! Be careful when you encounter them, however, if you lock eyes with them you will become their next target and your fate shall be sealed... You will be doomed to die, one way or another." Myoga warned the young woman.

"Understood Myoga-san. I'll do my best then." She explained as Kagome and the others asked if she would go alone and she nodded.

"I've been able to deal with demons alone before, and I can do it again." She spoke as they tried convincing her otherwise before she told them she's made up her mind. They would all go help Inuyasha gain his ability and she would go on her own to get hers so that there wouldn't be any setbacks. Myoga gave her directions and she bid everyone farewell before she split off from her friend group, going on her way toward where the hounds should be staying. As she drew closer to the area that the hellhound demons were occupying she heard rustling in the trees nearby. After glancing and sniffing around herself, she found that the scent of another demon was closing in on her, and fast. Her ears twitched when she heard a twig snap from a spot within the trees lined up behind where she stood.

»»---------------------►

The schoolgirl turned her head to glance over at where the sound came from and felt a strange wave of unease wash over her body. Immediately her instincts told her to get away and it was a good thing that she did, because as soon as she jumped up and out of the way to crouch on a tree branch above, a bunch of quills flew towards where she had been standing and hit the tree trunk below her. The amber eyed female gasped softly as a figure slowly trudged out of the bushes and into view. It was a large porcupine-looking man with brown eyes, matching short and shaggy brown hair that almost covered his eyes and fair skin. He stood on his hind legs like a human and wore black pants as well, but wore no shirt, still maintaining the quills on his back and overall porcupine-like attributes. "A... porcupine demon?" She asked herself as the demon below her gleamed with pride.