16

Welcome back, I don't know how else to begin here so let's just get to it!

»»---------------------

~Okami's POV~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off as usual on days like these. Turning off the alarm, I sighed and hoisted myself off of my bed before stretching. "A demon's work is never done." I said and walked off towards my shower to prepare myself for the day ahead. After I finished getting ready I made my way downstairs and walked off towards the main office area. Once I got inside I searched around for a friend of mine, easily finding who I was searching for. They sat behind a desk with their head in some files.

"How'd I know that you would already be up and working?" I asked myself as the persons head flew upwards to look at me. She gave me a goofy grin before talking.

"G'morning Okami!"

I chuckled at her enthusiasm. "Morning Ozu. How's it hanging?" I asked and she shrugged before spinning around in her chair.

"The same as usual I suppose. Boring day after day routines really." She explained and I nodded in understanding.

"Well if you haven't noticed already, I'm here to work."  I said as a light bulb basically lit up above her head.

"Oh right! I almost forgot about our deal." Ozu said with a nervous giggle.

"Very bubbly this morning are we? Just be lucky I even came today, I'm missing out on having fun and hanging out with my friends today because of this." I said and she stood up from her chair, ruffling my hair up.

"Thanks, Okami. I really needed the help today, so don't worry your pretty little head, your precious time won't be going to waste." She said before dragging me off to give me a proper job to do for the day.

"Here. Sort this stuff for me and I'll let you go. If you want to do even more than I ask, I'll be sure to give you something else to do." She said referring to a pile or two of papers nearby with a bright smile.

"I hate how you can look and act like you're my age when you are far older than I am in actuality." I said as Ozu pretended to die, acting like an arrow shot through her heart.

"How could you say something like that? I'm obviously a teenager like you, see?" She pointed to her face as she continued.

"Just look at this wrinkle-free skin!" Ozu exclaimed and I laughed, nudging her away from me slightly.

"Right, right. As if a teenager would be able to own and handle a whole apartment complex on her own." I inquired as she sighed and gave up.

"You aren't wrong. It's way harder than it looks..." She pouted.

"I know, which is why I'm so glad to have you. On top of everything you already deal with, you allow me to stay here." I said and she smiled.

"Well yeah, I have a lifelong debt to repay you. Plus after all this time you've become my friend and I wouldn't have my life any other way." She said and left me to my work, walking off towards her station, waving me off. That's right... Ozu owes me her life, or at least that's what she kept saying to me after that day...

»»---------------------

~Flashback~

Kagome and I were walking home from school as we usually did. Today was different though, the streets were overly crowded and there was traffic around every corner for some reason. We were trying to get home as quick as possible without issues, but knowing my life, that's just too good to be true. Whilst I silently walked along a very chatty Kagome, she suddenly stopped with a large group of people and gasped aloud. I looked at her curiously and she pointed to the nearby crosswalk wordlessly. I turned to the crosswalk and found a woman walking across it... The only problem with that being she was so wrapped up in what she was doing that she didn't notice a car heading straight for her. Immediately something clicked within me and I began running off towards the crosswalk, earning many yells of protest from my best friend. I made it there just in time to pull the woman out of the street, she didn't look to be very old, actually she looked like a teenager.