15

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

Kagome had just fallen asleep as Miroku, Shippo, Inuyasha and I sat around our campfire to have a little bit of a conversation. Inuyasha was coming up with some strategies on how to effectively collect the shikon jewel shards and Shippo was telling him how logically his ideas wouldn't work out. Shippo then thought aloud saying that Inuyasha may have taken a few too many blows to the head, causing the mutt to threaten to test that theory out on him. Tick marks appeared on my head as Shippo jumped behind me and hid, crying to me for help.

"Inuyasha..." I said darkly as he cautiously gazed at me.

"Y-Yeah?" He asked as I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Didn't I tell you to keep your hands off of my Shippo?" I politely asked and he nodded before smirking.

"Though I hardly think that a wolf pup like you could actually manage to deal any damage to someone like me." He said acting tough as my ears and tail appeared, my hand becoming engulfed in amber colored flames. My ears twitched and my tail wrapped around Shippo, tickling him and bouncing him up and down a little as I smirked.

"Wanna bet?" My smirk widened.

"And if that isn't enough to deter you I could just go wake Kagome up and ask her nicely to use my favorite word to make you listen~" I cooed, which sent a shiver down the white haired male's spine.

"Okay, okay, just don't wake Kagome up!" He exclaimed and I burst out laughing at him.

"It's not funny!" He yelled and I shook my head.

"Yes it is." I managed to get out between laughs, my hand extinguishing itself. Miroku then decided to interject and bring up a question that's been plaguing him for a while now it seemed. He asked Inuyasha what he was planning to use the jewel for when he finally collected all of the shards. Inuyasha of course stated the obvious that he wanted to become a full fledged demon. This brought Miroku to tell us about a theory he has about people loosing their hearts when using the jewel and that Inuyasha might go through the same dilemma if he goes through with his plans. "Who's to say you won't devour Shippo or Kagome?" Miroku asked which surprised me a little.

"I never thought about it that way." I said as Shippo asked Miroku a question from his spot in my tail's grip.

"Huh? Why me? Wouldn't you be tastier? And what about Okami?" Miroku didn't look at us when he responded.

"I will have fled long beforehand, and depending on Okami's course of action, I believe she could make it out alive too." He said before a certain someone in a red kimono piped up.

"Yeah and we already know that I would never reduce myself so low as to eat a wolf, yuck! My breath would stink to high heaven!" He exclaimed as I muttered under my breath.

"As if your breath doesn't smell now?" I asked and the rest of us around the fire snickered whilst the mutt yelled at us in annoyance.

Miroku then turned to me. "How about you Okami? If the shikon no tama were to be returned to it's former glory and you had the chance to wish on it, what would you wish for?" He asked and I shrugged before looking into the bright flames of the campfire before us.

"Personally I never took interest in the jewel. It's just that I'm tied to collecting the jewel shards for a couple of reasons so I continue to help collect them. Though if I were given the chance to make a wish I would have to say... That I want to be reunited with my parents, my real parents. I would love to physically meet them, get to know them, love and live with them like a real family I guess." I said as Miroku and Inuyasha basically told me to be careful what I wish for. I sighed and nodded to show that I understood.