20

Hope you all enjoy, cya at the end of the chapter~

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

My ears twitched when I heard Kagome was muttering about having her jewel shards stolen from Kikyo as I walked alongside her. I sighed to myself, still a little in shock by the fact that she openly stole the shards and almost stole Kagome's life from us. I knew she never had the best motives and all, but I never thought she would go this far. She almost killed my best friend for crying out loud!... And yet I still made an indirect promise to my mother to keep her out of harms way. I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts before a serious look overtook my features. Then a voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Okami? Is something the matter? You seem tense..." Sango said, walking forward a bit to stand beside me and get a better look at my face. I looked away from her and shook my head slowly. Her face looked concerned, like she wasn't buying it and I clicked my tongue.

"I... I'm sorry Sango, but I'm just... Stuck? I promised my mother not too long ago to protect Kikyo from harm... Then she tries to hurt and kill my best friend, someone I trust with my life and more... I mean, could you blame me if I didn't know how to feel about it?" I said causing everyone to stop what they were doing, go quiet and look at me in surprise. They didn't expect me to bring it up like that most likely.

"Don't worry about me though. It's probably even worse of a shock for some of us, so I should be the least of your worries." I said, referring to Kagome and Inuyasha as I placed my hands behind my head and sighed, continuing to walk quietly. I was ahead of them so I didn't notice them give each other a short look before following after me and conversing with each other once again. I just tuned out at that point since Inuyasha was starting to go into a yelling fit and I wasn't in the mood to listen to it. What caught my attention and brought me back to reality was the sound of a cow mooing nearby. I looked around curiously to find no such thing.

"The hell was that?" I muttered as another moo sounded off from...

»»---------------------►

"The sky?" I said as a bolt of what looked to be lightning hit the ground in front of us, creating a cloud of dust to block our view of whatever had appeared before us. As the dust cleared I saw an old man with a hammer sitting upon a cow with three eyes.

"That's something you don't see everyday..." I said as Kagome made her way to my side whispering a 'Tell me about it' into my ear. I chuckled at that comment as the man told us his name was Totosai. He then proceeded to demand that Inuyasha and I draw our swords.

"What do you want to see my sword for?- and how do you know me by name? I've never met you before in my life." I said before gasping softly aloud. Wait a second... I've seen that cow and man before somewhere! My eyes widened a slight bit as I realized where I recognized him from, causing Kagome to give me a curious look.

'That's it! This guy... I saw him in some of my mother's old memories. He's the one who forged the Junsuinaito for my mother all those years ago! It's gotta be him!' I thought, not sure if I wanted to say anything about it to dog breath just yet. Before I could make a definite decision, Totosai charged at us with his hammer. I called my sword's name and it appeared in my hand as he took on Inuyasha first. He stopped his sword with his hammer and his sword made a loud and annoying noise as I assumed he could do the same to my sword. Even still, I wanted to prove myself to this man since he was the one who forged my sword, so I swung with all of my might towards him... Well enough of my might so that he wouldn't get hurt, but still do a number on him. He thwarted me with his hammer as well, my sword making a noise similar to Inubaka's blade, but it was more of a constant and boring sound.