12

Welcome back ladies and gents~ Now let us begin!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

Tonight we were staying at a wealthy villagers house, luckily for us Miroku just so happened to sense a dark cloud looming over this place, like any of us except the gullible villagers should believe that. We were eating an amazing meal full of delicious foods and most of us were enjoying the moment while it lasted... Well except for one jealous dog and a crafty monk who was performing his 'exorcism' right about now. Soon enough our monk friend returned to us however. I waved to him as I set my now empty bowls down. "Well, if it isn't the man of the hour." I said and we chuckled.

"Hey! How's the exorcism go?" Kagome asked him curiously to which he responded with a bland 'Uneventful.'

"Too bad. I mean not all the time will a job like yours be that entertaining, right?" I asked and he nodded before Inuyasha proceeded to accuse Miroku of faking him seeing of ominous clouds overhead especially when we are looking for  place to spend the night. He surprised the two other guys in the room by proving the accusation to be true, though Kagome and I just drank our drinks pretending we didn't hear a thing because we already knew that this was coming.

'The illusion was fun while it lasted...' I thought as the monk pulled out some sweet dumplings given to him as a gift for his 'wonderful work on the exorcism'. Shippo quickly took them and was ready to dig in as I scooted my way nonchalantly over to get my own fill of these dumplings. Have I ever told you that I'm a die hard fan of dumplings and noodles? Well I guess now you know.

Suddenly we heard and felt a hell of a lot of rumbling nearby.

"Huh?" Kagome and I said as I looked away from the dumpling that I had just picked u and bitten into. As the rumbling continued Shippo had jumped into Kagome's arms and Kagome had jumped into mine. Clearly we all were a bit anxious about what this rumbling would bring. Inuyasha was ready to run head first into the battle whilst Miroku suggested fleeing the scene. I face palmed and sighed before stepping in between them.

"You both are polar opposites, but you wanna know what you both have in common?" I asked and it must've caught their attention since they stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

"You both are going about this situation the wrong way." I started and looked at Miroku.

"We are going to fight back against whatever is out there-" The monk sighed while the mutt had a sudden ego boost, about to brag about being 'right' before I then turned to the hard head.

"And I don't know about you, but we aren't going to be hotheaded about this either." The mutt just scoffed at me before Kagome told us that she had just sensed a jewel fragment coming from the rumblings. That's when the guys attitudes changed and they ran off without a second thought after the jewel, what greedy pigs.

"Let's go then hm?" I suggested to the two left standing in front of me. After nodding they got on my back and I ran of after them. A few moments pass before we catch up to them and find that the one who caused this vicious attack on the village and the rumblings was Sesshomaru, Inuyasha's older brother and one of the biggest annoyances I've ever faced in my lifetime. I grumbled as I saw him remembering our past experiences with this guy. Honestly it wasn't him that I specifically disliked, I mean we both hate his brother so I know he isn't that bad. Though his little imp friend or servant or whatever who portrays him and his master in the most arrogant of ways is who annoys me most. Surprise, surprise, as I thought the little guy was perched nearby his lord on the demon the were riding around and attacking the town with, giving us that same smug look he gave us last time. He noticed my presence and went off like a child to which I rolled my eyes.