32

Welcome back once again to "A Feudal Love", let's get this chapter started then!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

It hasn't been long since our last encounter with Kohaku. I sat up in a tree as I tried to recover from my latest wound in my leg, it wasn't as major as some of my previous wounds and it didn't hurt as much as it did when I first gained it, but it still hurt like hell because it was recent. I decided to recover in my half-demon form since demons heal faster than humans and have stronger bodies as well as more energy to spare. I watched from above as Shippo collected water and brought it to the hut that Miroku was recovering in. Apparently he had used his wind tunnel to buy Inuyasha time to come and save us and in turn swallowed up some poisonous insects in the process, he should be just fine though, especially since I heard a loud smacking sound coming from the hut proving that he was still as lively as ever. Shippo soon retreated from the hut and started looking around for something or someone.

Eventually the child's eyes met with my own as they widened slightly and started to glisten. "There you are Okami! I've been looking all over for you!" The boy said as he scampered up with tree trunk and into my lap. Since I sat upon the lowest branch of the tree I was pretty easy to see and get to.

"You were looking for me were you? Why is that?" I asked and he had a worried look on his face when he responded.

"Sango told me to come and find you! She wanted to make sure that you were recovering properly!" The fox child exclaimed as I shrugged.

"Knowing her, she probably just wants to make sure that her brother wasn't responsible for any serious damages. She feels responsible for him and feels the need to take responsibility for any actions he commits despite neither Sango nor Kohaku himself being in control of what he does. I'm absolutely fine though Shippo, I'm just tired right now is all." I explained to him.

"Maybe you should try getting some sleep then?" The boy suggested and I shook my head.

"No can do, Shippo. With Kagome and Miroku injured we don't have as much strength and power to our team as before. Without those two Inuyasha will need more help than he usually would and I'm one of those candidates." I began before Shippo cut me off.

"But you're injured too! You shouldn't be helping either if that's the case!" He added and I pet his head gently.

"Kagome and Miroku are pure human beings. I have demon blood in me, I also have faster healing abilities and more strength. So no matter if I'm completely healed or not I still have to help." I said and finally he understood where I was coming from, although it seemed he still didn't like the idea of me not resting up enough he knew I had to do what was best for the group.

"Yeah, I guess you're right... Well, at least get down from here and let us check how your wound is doing under those bandages, and then maybe we'll head out for the day?" The boy suggested with a slight bit of worry in his eyes. I could tell that worry was definitely for me and my health. I smiled as I pressed my forehead up against his.

"Alright, but there's no need for you to be so worried about me. I'll be fine I promise." I spoke as a look of shock overtook the smaller child's face.

"How did you know I was worried?" He asked as I beamed.

"I can see it in your eyes. They always say that the eyes are the window to the soul. Any who-" I spoke and stood up on the tree branch, scooping the fox into my arms as I did.

"Let's get back to the others. If you really want me to get my leg checked out I will, but only so we can get out of here quicker." I finished and jumped down, wincing at a slight stinging that came from my wound. Shippo gave me a concerned face and I waved him off as I made my way over to where Sango was walking off to.