42

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy this chapter~

»»---------------------►

After the battle with Kagura the two groups decided to spend a little more time together before parting ways. Kagome started patching Koga up while he flirted with her. Okami got sick of listening to him drone on to her and walked off into the nearby forest to spend some time by herself. Her wound hadn't been wrapped up yet because everyone was focusing on Koga since he had more injuries. The half-demon only stopped when she found a small clearing with a couple of large rocks sitting up against some trees. She sat down on the largest rock that was cool to the touch since it was shades by the tree above it and relaxed up against the rough bark of the tree behind said rock with a sigh as she allowed her ears and tail to finally disappear from her form. It had been a while since she allowed herself to be in her human form as of late.

She closed her eyes for a second before they opened again and she glanced over at some of the nearby trees, the leaves swaying softly in the breeze as birds flew overhead and chirped at one another. Being in the warring states era it was hard to stop and smell the roses, especially considering how much demon slaying her friends do daily in the hunt for the jewel shards. As she gazed into depths of the trees surrounding her, her eyes slowly narrows as she noticed a shadow moving amongst the trees. "Show yourself. I can sense your presence so there isn't any point in hiding yourself from me." Okami spoke as a familiar wind sorceress stepped out of her hiding spot and smirked as she came into the light of the clearing.

"Hello, Okami-san. Long time, no see." The woman greeted her.

"Kagura-san... What do you want with me? If you know I'm here, you must know my friends are nearby. Why come to me specifically?" The black haired woman sneered at her as the woman across the clearing from her shrugged in response to the question.

"Why does there have to be a reason? Can't I just visit you without some scheme behind it?" She questioned back.

"If only you weren't Naraku-san's incarnation, then maybe I would believe you were here without some ploy behind it." Okami shook her head, she had actually taken a liking to Kagura and had grown a bit of respect for her, but unfortunately the woman was the enemy and they would never get the chance to talk as more than that and they both knew it.

"You know us too well, it's almost flattering. It makes me wonder, maybe in another life we could've been close friends?" Kagura chuckled bitterly as the half-demon before her rolled her eyes at the words that had come out of her mouth.

"It's not meant to be a form of flattery. Now can you stop tiptoeing around the real reason you're here and just tell me? Or are you just waiting for Inuyasha-kun and Koga-kun to pick up on your scent so that they'll all come running here?" The woman raised an eyebrow at her, a small smirk growing on her face as Kagura scoffed.

"Alright, fine. Naraku-san has a proposition for you." She began as her arms that had previously been carefully crossed and hidden in her kimono came apart to reveal her fan in one hand and the fist of her other hand closed around something else that the school girl couldn't quite see.

"For me? I thought he wanted me dead. Why would he offer me something?" Okami asked, very suspicious of this proposal he had suddenly come to her with.

"He called it a 'gift for an old friend' in his own words." Kagura replied.

"Or so he says. What is this 'gift' you speak of? If it's from him it can't be good." Okami said as she turned her body to properly face the woman before her as the sorceress opened her fist that had been closed to show the teen a defiled shard of the sacred jewel. The girl gasped as Kagura held it the tainted shard in front of her.