10

Welcome back to another chapter, hope you enjoy!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

After waking up to Kagome and Inuyasha's not so quiet conversation I began to pet Shippo's head as he snored softly into my chest. I looked up into the sky moments later to find that a woman or what we soon found to be a specter was flying across the sky. "What would a specter like that have to be doing in this area at a time like this?" I asked myself. The next morning we ended up rushing back to the village Inuyasha and I doing parkour to make our way over as Shippo was tired he rode with Kagome in a pleasant journey there in her bike basket. As soon as we got there we found Kaede had been injured somehow.

"What on Earth happened here Kaede?" I asked, concerned since the mood that hung over the village right now seemed tense. She then refused to lie down and rest up her wounds but instead take us to Kikyo's old grave sight that had been practically ransacked as of late.

"So the specter you we saw earlier had the same scents as Kaede's blood and Kikyo's ashes? She must be the one who attacked last night. What must a demon specter like her be doing with ashes of a powerful priestess that has been dead for at least fifty years now?" I asked myself and sighed not really seeing an answer. Inuyasha then walked off in a foul mood, hating the idea of helping to get the ashes of the woman who betrayed him back. Even though it was fifty years ago he only woke up recently so he must still feel the pain from it at times and is always reminded of how it all went down that day...

"I sometimes really do feel bad for that guy I said as I got back to the bottom of the grave sites steps with Kaede, scooping Shippo up into my arms happily. "You ready for another adventure Shippo?" I asked as I followed Kaede to get a horse from the stables. He nodded as Kaede picked out her horse.

"But don't you think it's a little risky to have Kaede come along with us?" He asked.

"Maybe, but as Inuyasha said before, she is a stubborn woman who will not back down without a fight. Especially when someone as close to her as her sister is the one being messed with. I would be the same way if I were her and completely understand where she comes from." I explained to him as Kaede and I gave each other a smile to say that we are happy to be able to trust and support each other in times of need.

"Shippo, I may end up needing your help on this journey, so will you promise me that if I'm brave for you that you'll be brave for me?" I questioned him as we went to fetch our other two friends who had gone off together to talk... More so that Kagome could try and convince him to come along. Shippo smiled and agreed, we even pinky promised on it so there's no going back now. As we reached Kagome and Inuyasha they both agreed to come along and Shippo climbed to my back, ready to set out now. Ultimately Shippo and I ended up sitting on the back of Kagome's bike on top of her backpack, watching as Inuyasha ran high above the rocky terrain. Kaede of course right in front of our bike on her steed. Soon enough we set up camp for the night and Kaede had passed out next to Kagome as did Shippo who was in my lap.

"Shippo really is attached to you huh? Glued to your side almost heheh..." Kagome smiled at me as she said so and I nodded with a soft smile back.

"It makes me feel good to know he wants to spend a lot of time with me. It sort of makes me feel wanted you know?" I asked and she said that she got what I meant. After a bit of Kagome, Inuyasha and I talking Inuyasha and I had fallen asleep, I didn't get to see Kagome get to sleep so hopefully she didn't loose too much sleep.

The next morning we were straight back on track to find the ashes that were lost. Inuyasha was now talking with Kaede about Kikyo's grave site and it's importance. "Yes, ashes can be painful things no matter the situation they cause pain in others in many instances..." I spoke and looked to the sky, thinking of our last adventure and how Kenshi's body had sadly turned to ash in the fire. Gladly before we left we made graves for every villager that was lost, such a sad event that just happens to be a part of our everyday lives. Soon enough I noticed the gaze Kagome was giving Inuyasha, it looked like sympathy. I wonder what she's thinking, it's probably about Kikyo and Inuyasha's past of which we truly know nothing about. Inuyasha seemed to notice as well and decided to interrogate her as we made a small stop momentarily.