51

Hello again everybody and welcome to another chapter! I hope you enjoy and let's get into it already!

»»---------------------►

Not long after the group in the cell began forming a plan, the panther demons gathered them all and brought them to an unknown place. They all were surrounded by some sort of barrier that soon broke and revealed the panther tribe sitting before them in front of a giant corpse that they all seemed to call their master. Okami noticed another, larger barrier surrounding them and decided that now would be a good time to summon her sword to break it. Just before she did Sesshomaru decided to make his entrance, attempting to get in only to find a barrier blocking his path. Soon after Koga appeared, calling out Kagome's name and trying to kick his way into the ceremony only to be stopped by the barrier. The half demon smiled slightly, glad to see he and the boys were safe. "Big Sis!" Ginta and Hakkaku called out to her as she waved before summoning her ears and tail.

The panther demons were shocked by her transformation as she held her hand above her head and summoned her sword, the color of the blade changing to a glowing red with an added black stripe going down the center. She turned to face the front side of the barrier and jumped over to it, swinging her sword at it, and as she did the mutt finally made it to the party with his new barrier-breaking Tetsusaiga. The two half-demons used their weapons to slice through the barrier, landing in front of and to the side of Kagome. "Wow, mutt face, nice to see you finally joining us."

"Oh shut it, wolf pup!" Inuyasha started.

"Excuse me?" She asked in response, clearly offended by the use of the nickname at a time like this.

"You heard me!" The other half breed shouted at her before the two of them began growling at each other like typical canines.

"Grr!"

"Grr!"

"Oh quit it you two! Just admit that you missed each other and that you were just worried for the other and move on!" Kagome exclaimed as the two of them looked at her in shock and disgust before looking at each other. The two stared for a moment before turning away and crossing their arms as they shivered in disgust at the thought of missing the other. Inuyasha then began to question the teen to see if she was okay, and just as he did, Koga wrapped his arm around her and he quickly began to flirt with her. Kagome only smiled and giggled nervously in response, almost looking as if she was enjoying the attention for a moment. This made Okami look over, her eyebrow and ears twitching at the sight before her. It was a little annoying to see and it felt a bit like her best friend was betraying her in a way since she always said that she never felt the same way for Koga as he did for her. 'Was she lying all of this time? It sure seems like it... Maybe I'm just overreacting? Ugh, it doesn't matter anyways! I have a fight to finish! I already knew he didn't care for me like I do for him anyway, so why should I even care?' Okami thought to herself as she turned to face the panther demon tribe's master, her sword switching back to it's original form, the color leaving it.

"Big Sis! Are you alright!?" Ginta and Hakkaku shouted in unison as they ran up to either side of her and she nodded with a firm scowl on her face. The two noticed her very agitated aura and backed away a bit.

"Are you sure you're alright?" The two asked again as she looked down for a moment, her hair covering her eyes before stepping forward towards the demon tribe ahead of them.

"Of course I'm fine. Never been better actually..." She told them, lacking any happiness or enthusiasm that she would usually have when speaking to the two of them. The boys looked at each other before shrugging. They both knew that this behavior wasn't a good sign and it was odd of her to be acting like this all of the sudden when she has never been this way before. Inuyasha walked over to her side to aid her in her fight against the master of the panther demons and noticed the disheartened look on her face. He smirked slightly as he tried to make light of her situation and make her a little irritated so she came out of her funk.