24

Hello all and welcome back to the insanity that is my life... Hope you enjoy!

»»---------------------►

~Okami's POV~

At the moment our group was hunting down a bear demon that was terrorizing a village. Allegedly it had only been a bear cub that had was messing with their fields until one day it grew extremely huge and started attacking the village. I stood next to Kagome with Shippo on my shoulder as we all searched for the demon in the nearby woods. I was sniffing the air and listening for bear noises with my demonic ears and senses. At the time I wasn't really listening to the conversation until Miroku took notice of Inuyasha's new fowl attitude and questioned him about it. Inuyasha told us with crossed arms that we could just follow after shards that Kagome senses, or we could be beating down a certain wolf we all know for his.

"Look, can we stop talking about this Koga guy and focus on our mission here? I've heard enough about him lately, and besides, we have the jewel shard from his arm so at some point he'll come back to find us and take back what was once his." I said with an annoyed tone and started walking a bit ahead of the group, overhearing the rest of the group talking about me literally behind my back.

"That's right, the wolf tribe must feel like family to her due to her wolf demon blood." Miroku thought aloud as Sango hummed in agreement and continued for him.

"Yeah, and after spending so much time with a tribe when she can't really remember a lot of what it was like in her old one, it might've gotten her attached to the tribe right?" Sango asked and Miroku nodded. With every statement they tossed back and forth about me a new irk mark would appear on my head... That is, until Inuyasha decided to pipe up.

"Or she's just in love with the guy and is going soft for him." That sent me over the edge as I immediately turned around and grabbed the mongrel's collar.

"What was that, beads for brains? Would you like to repeat that statement?" I asked and Inuyasha rolled his eyes at me.

"Oh c'mon, admit it! You fell in love with Koga while you were on that mountain and you're going soft for him!" He shouted back at me.

"Why is everyone on my back about this all of a sudden!? Are you going to accuse everyone in this group of falling in love with Koga or what!? He kidnapped Kagome, Shippo, and I, he's in love with Kagome, and I just met the guy for crying out loud!" I yelled.

"That's not any reason not to fall in love with someone! You can't control who you fall in love with idiot, it's called love at first sight for a reason! Plus you aren't denying that you are in love with this guy so that proves that you've got a thing for him and that's why you don't want us chasing after him!" Inuyasha and I started a growling match as my face became red. Soon enough Kagome told him to sit so a fight wouldn't start, I smirked before turning around and walking ahead again.

"By the way, whether or not I'm actually love him or not isn't any of your concern anyways." I said before walking towards where I smelt the freshest scent of bear. That's when I stopped in my tracks, smelling something else, humans. Their scent was very close and almost right in front of me from where I stood. Sure enough a couple of bandits appeared from the bush I had smelt the scent of human in. They told the guys to hand the girls over and then they'd leave peacefully after the exchange. I just cracked my knuckles as Inuyasha began to threaten them.

"I'm not really in the best of moods right now, so I suggest leaving unless you wish to become my punching bags that is?" I asked them as they prepared to attack us, but my ears picked up movement nearby, but movement. My ears twitched as I sniffed the air and in reeked of bear.