37

Welcome back! Let's get started, shall we? P.S. Yes I am trying to get out as many chapters in one day as possible because I actually want to be on top of things in a book for once, don't judge me!

»»---------------------►

After being returning Okami to Kaede in her village in one piece, Koga left quickly so he wouldn't have to fight with Inuyasha once he returned from whatever journey he was on. Okami made a note to thank him when she woke up and Kaede told her of such news. Kagome soon after reappeared with the others with the exception of Sango and Kirara of course before dragging Okami off back to the present day so that they could prepare for their upcoming test.

Once the test had ended they packed their bags full of snacks for their friends and brought them through the well with them soon after when they traveled back to their era. As they arrived on the other side they pulled out the multiple heavy bags they had brought with them with a sigh of relief. Okami mostly spoiled Shippo with her snacks so she gave him pocky first thing when she returned before handing Miroku a bag of chips. Kagome handed out her things to everyone and Inuyasha turned to Okami. "You brought everyone else something except for me? Tch... As to be expected from you-"

"Here. Even though you and I may not get along all of the time, I still think you deserve something from me as thanks for sticking around for so long." She spoke as she gave him some instant ramen.

"You're joking right? This must be some kind of trap or trick to lull me into a false sense of security."

"Not at all. I'll even help you cook that later tonight just so you know I'm serious, Inuyasha-kun."

"Oh, uh, thanks!" Inuyasha whispered before moving in to whisper not-so-quietly into Kagome's ear.

"What the hell has gotten into her?" Inuyasha asked.

"I don't know. She's been like that since she got back from her trip to save Koga-kun. She's been in a very good mood and been way less sarcastic than usual." Kagome said back as they both stared Okami down, Okami then gave them a confused look.

"You've been staring at me for quite some time. Just what're you talking about over there?" Okami asked them from her spot where she sat on the rim of the well.

"Us!? Oh, nothing!" They both exclaimed in unison as she grew suspicious of them. Right before she could say anymore Shippo cut into the conversation.

"Okami-chan! While we wait for Sango-chan to come back, how about we play some hide and seek!" He exclaimed as he jumped into Okami's lap. She looked around her and realized that he was indeed right and Sango wasn't there with them.

"Where is Sango-chan?" The teen asked.

"She hasn't come back from her village yet." Kagome responded.

"Hm... I see. I suppose a couple rounds of hide and seek while we wait wouldn't hurt. What do you say everyone? How about we all play together for a little while? It'll be fun!" Okami beamed at her friends as they all blinked and asked her if she was okay.

"Never been better!" She exclaimed as her friends just chuckled and reluctantly agreed to play with her and Shippo.

»»---------------------►

A whole day of playing around later and the sun was setting as Okami was helping Inuyasha cook his instant ramen just as she'd promised him. Miroku and Kagome were still beside the well a couple of feet away while Shippo sat on Okami's head to watch her make the ramen for him. "Say... Wolf Pup?" Inuyasha asked to see if she would become irritated by the nickname he had given her long ago.