31

Welcome back and I hope you enjoy!

»»---------------------►

~Okami' POV~

While riding on Hachi's back Shippo told Kagome and I all about how worried he was when he realized we might not have been coming back. I was brushing his hair at the time and smiled to myself when I heard him saying that he was worried for us. "Sorry for making you worry like that Shippo. Now, hold still for a moment so I can put your hair back up properly." I said as the boy sat completely still.

"Yes ma'am!" I giggled at his exclamation as I got to work on his hair. I listened quietly as Shippo yelled at Inuyasha about asking Kagome for her forgiveness. Inuyasha of course wasn't willing to listen or cooperate and told him to stay out of it. I just shook my head at his behavior and stared him down with a glare. What? My mind may have changed about coming back to this era, but my feelings for him didn't. He seemed to notice my gaze and turned around to look at me. It didn't take long for him to realize I was glaring at him, and it took even less time for him to return the glare.

"What're you lookin' at?"

"Are you losing your vision or something? What does it look like?"

"What did you say?"

"Blind and deaf? Maybe you should take a break from battling demons for a while, it's messing with you."

"Why you..." The mutt growled before scoffing and giving up before turning away from me. Once we landed we found traces of Naraku's miasma that led us to what looked like the ruins of his old castle. Though it looked as if there was barely a castle to begin with considering how little remains there were. The only true sign that the castle was real other than the miasma was armor from the demon slayer village that Sango just so happened to find. I walked over to her as she knelt down to inspect it, placing a hand on her shoulder with a small smile to try and tell her that we were here for her. She smiled back so I assume she got the message as Miroku stepped in and offered to move them elsewhere so they could rest in piece.

»»---------------------►

We moved the remains to a secure cliff for the time being and I stood off to the side as Sango placed flowers in front of the makeshift gravestone we had. I didn't notice, however, that I was standing on an unstable part of the cliff so the rock underneath me crumbled and fell down the side of the terrain taking me with it. "Aah!"

"Okami!" I heard from above as I felt towards the ground below. Lucky for me there were a couple of trees in between me and the ground that cushioned my fall a little. Eventually I ended up on the ground and groaned as I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. I looked up to try to see if I could see any of my friends above me, but the tree prevented me from seeing far enough upwards to find them. I looked to the wall of rock that I fell from to find that what had fallen covered up and decent path I could've used to jump back up to them.

"Damn... Just my luck." I spoke as I heard a couple of other voices coming in my direction.

"Are you sure you saw something fall over here?" I heard an older man speak.

"Yes, I'm sure something or someone fell over in this direction Gramps!" I heard a vaguely familiar voice call out. Soon enough three figures came into few a little down the path I fell onto. There was an old man and woman that seemed to be a couple and the one standing beside them was a young boy with a familiar look and weapon in his hands.

"I told you Gramps, Granny! I saw someone fall over this way!" The young boy exclaimed as he pointed at me.

"Have you no manners child? It is quite rude to point!" The old man called Gramps exclaimed.