Chapter 6

Ryder was once again locked in his office, his mind faded for a minute, "Ryder your pups are worried about you" Korra spoke to him. "I know but I need to find Viego" Ryder said, "and you will my dear boy you will. For now I agree with your family and you should sleep, I promise if I sense any kid of danger I will wake you up immediately" Korra said. "What if he strikes while I am asleep?" Ryder asked, "he won't and if he does I promise you will know" Korra said. "Okay" Ryder said closing the cameras of the town and walking to his room. He actually welcomed the bed and was asleep almost instantly.

"I am going to confront him" Chase said, "me too I am with you" Marshall said, all the pups went inside to find Ryder. They checked his office and the door was open which meant he wasn't in there, "weird I thought he was here" Chase said, "well he can't be far we didn't see him leave" Marshall said. The pups searched the lookout and found him asleep in his bed, Katie smiled, "see pups he did it all on his own, he clearly knew he needed it too. Let's let him sleep" Katie said. The pups agreed and they went to play outside, they haven't received any calls lately and they had a feeling it was to do with this evil spirit running around. Katie had told everyone about it and it was like Adventure Bay just shut down. Katie stayed home today from work as she didn't have clients she only went down to feed and hang out with Cali. 

Ryder slept for a day and a half and he opened his eyes and felt a bit disorientated, "morning sleepyhead" Katie said from beside him. "How long was I asleep?" Ryder asked, "over 24 hours but I am glad you slept you needed it" Katie said. Ryder's stomach growled, "well I will make you some food you go shower" Katie said. "Thanks babe" Ryder said as he went into the bathroom, he was startled by Korra's voice, "feel rejuvenated?" she asked, "you need to give me a warning or something when you do that, I feel better yes" Ryder said. "Good there is talk, Viego is currently watching you" Korra said. "As what? I have been watching the citizens" Ryder said, "yes but he can be anyone or anything Ryder. You possess all the powers as long as you wear that necklace you will be able to see him in any form" Korra said. "Once I see him what does that mean?" Ryder said. "It means you come up with a plan he doesn't know you can see his hidden form. I am not sure how you will defeat him Ryder but he will strike soon, I do believe he has formed an army of citizens. Your pups will help with them and you will need to go for Viego, it is essential you kill him in the spirit world. Explain to Rocky he needs to build the portal, his powers will allow him to do so. Once the portal is open only you and Viego can pass through, anyone else who does will die instantly. Once you are in the spirit world you can kill him, then it is up to you to find your way back" Korra said. "This is a lot" Ryder said, "I know but we are trusting you" Korra said as she faded away.

Ryder sighed he was so nervous that this wasn't going to work, he came out of the bathroom fully showered and dressed. Katie gave him lunch as it was now 1 pm and the pups were outside playing. Ryder walked out to join them looking around for any sign of Viego, Ryder spotted him in the tree closer to the lookout. He was disguised as a robin sitting in a nest, "hey pups what are you doing?" Ryder asked trying to act natural, "Ryder sir we are so glad you slept, we were going too come and yell at you" Chase said. "I know, I am sorry. I know there hasn't been any missions lately but there will be soon" Ryder said. "How do you know?" Rocky asked, "well I am sure this Viego won't hide in the shadows forever" Ryder said staring right at the robin when he said that. "What is his intention though Ryder sir do you know?" Chase asked, "I don't know, I just feel like we received these powers for a reason and we are going to have to stop him or I am anyways" Ryder said. "What will we do while you are fighting him?" Skye asked, "you will be fighting the army that he plans on bringing I am only assuming he won't come alone. I obviously don't want you guys hurting anyone but just keep them handled" Ryder said. "Okay will we know when this will happen?" Rubble asked, "yes I am sure we will, Rocky come help me with something" Ryder said. 

Rocky followed Ryder, "what did you need help with?" Rocky asked, "nothing I just wanted you to be the only one to hear this. Rocky your power is the most important, you will build the portal to the spirit world. When I give you the signal and I have him weak enough, I will go through the portal and you will close it understood" Ryder said. "Yes but if I close it then how will you get back?" Rocky asked, "I will figure it out it is essential that only Viego and I go through the portal and no one else. Can I trust you with this Rocky?" Ryder asked him, "yes Ryder" Rocky said knowing that he probably wouldn't have much of a choice. The pups all came inside for dinner and Ryder noticed the robin had disappeared. He wasn't in the least bit surprised, he figured that Viego knew Ryder was watching. He kept his eyes on alert now though knowing that he could essential be anyone or anything. His eyes kept scanning objects in the room, and he noticed a fly on the window, "wow even as low as to be a fly" Ryder thought to himself, he wondered if squishing it would be smart. 

The fly flew off he needed to strike now or it was going to be too late.