Chapter 19

Ryder was getting annoyed being in this cage and he wanted to get out, the more he read about his powers the more he wanted to try. This cage was keeping him from doing that and he was getting frustrated. "Ruby?" he said, "yes honey?" Ruby said from the other side of the room, "can I get out?" Ryder asked. "Not yet sweetheart, but very soon I am just putting together my final details on taking over earth" Ruby said. "You are taking over earth?" Ryder said, "yes honey and you are going to help me. Do you need more blood?" Ruby said as she thought it was what was making him become so cooperative. Ruby walked over to the cage and Ryder once again drank from her, it made him calm again. "That's enough darling, you will get more before we attack okay" Ruby said as she left him alone again.

Ryder felt a pain in his head and a voice, "My dear boy, stop doing this please. Your demonic side is getting stronger. If you don't let your angelic side take over then your demon side will win" his father's voice said sternly. "How do I get the angelic side" Ryder said, "It will come in time my boy, just wait till you are on earth" his father said again. Before Ryder could ask another question the pain stopped and his father was gone, he didn't exactly know what he was supposed to do.

Meanwhile the citizens of Adventure Bay had returned Katie didn't see the harm in allowing them to return. "Ryder is where?" Mayor Goodway asked, "its a long story Mayor and hopefully he will be back soon" Katie said. "We are safe though right?" Mayor Goodway said, "I don't know, I am not sure what Ruby is planning yet. I am hoping Ryder will save us all" Katie said. "Me too it would be awful if he didn't being the town's hero and all" Mayor Goodway said. "You will still have me and the pups Mayor Goodway, we will do everything we can to stop him" Katie said. "Alright well I must go find Chickaletta she had a terrible time in Barkingburg" Mayor Goodway said as she left Katie. 

"Korra?" Katie said not knowing if that would work and she wasn't surprised that it didn't she sighed. Katie jumped back onto her ATV and drove up to the lookout, the pups looked stressed, "pups have fun please, don't let Ryder's absence bring you all down" Katie said as she used her power. All the pups started playing all of a sudden and they didn't mind they actually felt like they needed it. Everest decided to stay at the lookout for now just in case Ryder did show up with Ruby and Lillith she wanted to be there to help. 

Chase was starting to lose faith, "he has been gone a week with nothing, what if she killed him?" he said. "She can't Chase she doesn't have the right weapon to do that, do you not understand he is more powerful then god himself" Rocky said. "No I don't really understand any of this, to me Ryder is my owner and always will be" Chase said. "I get that Chase I feel it too, and as much as this all scares me he will always just be Ryder to me too" Skye said. "I don't even want to think about what will happen if he chooses his demonic side. I just can't" Chase said, "I want to believe that he won't but if he does well its up to us to stop him" Rocky said. "Would any of us be able to do that though? Don't we need a specific weapon?" Marshall said. "I have actually been working on that, all we need to do is steal his grace, his body will shut down and he will eventually die. We would just have to keep him from getting it back" Rocky said. "So you can steal his grace?" Chase said, "I am going to try but only if I need to" Rocky said, "oh man all this sucks" Rubble said. 

As the pups thought of the awful day they would have to shut down their beloved owner it saddened them. They hoped it wouldn't come to that though, they wanted to think Ryder would choose his angelic side.

Meanwhile, Ruby opened the cage door, "come pretty we are going back to earth" she said, "what is the plan?" Ryder said climbing out of the cage and feeling himself get stronger, "the plan for now is to drink this please" Ruby said. "What is it?" Ryder asked, "just drink it honey, it will help keep me in control" Ruby said. Ryder hesitated he knew being out of the cage he was stronger, but Ruby pushed him against the bars of the cage. "Open for me honey" she said as she forced his mouth open and poured the yellow liquid down his throat. Ryder swallowed and he felt numb as if he was back in the cage but he wasn't. "What did you do?" Ryder asked, "I just used the cage magic a bit, it will last long enough for me to kill your precious family" Ruby said as she summoned the portal.

Chase saw it first, "they are coming pups lets Charge up!" Chase said as they all ran to the lookout and activated their superpowers. Katie did as well, she was hoping she could use her mind manipulation on Ryder and get him back. Ruby, Lillith and Ryder all stepped through the portal and were standing in front of the lookout. "Ryder has decided to join me and destroy earth so I can make it my new home. Sweetheart drink" Ruby said giving Ryder her arm. Ryder feeling like her blood would make him strong again bit into her and drank, activating the demon side once again. Then he heard a voice, "Babe fight this, you are not evil! please stop please, come to me babe please" Katie said reaching to his inner mind. Ryder looked around for her and looked into her blue eyes, "that is not going to work dear girl, he is mine now" Ruby said. Ryder looked at Ruby then back at Katie and he screamed his entire body was screaming at him, he heard his father, "your demonic side is winning son, fight it or let it take over. You don't have much time left to get the angelic side you need to decide" Michael said. 

Ryder didn't know how to activate his angelic side but his anger was causing a storm above and the entire town was now in danger. Ryder needed to regain control soon or his demonic side would win.