Chapter 17

Katie studied the meteor in the basement getting startled when she heard someone speak behind her. " What are you doing?" Chase asked her. " Oh Chase you scared me I was just trying to see if the meteor would give me powers too" Katie said, " oh well you need to touch it" Chase told her. Katie touched the meteor and her hands glowed a beautiful purple colour, "what can you do?" Chase asked, " I'm not sure I guess we will have to wait and see" Katie said not knowing what her power could be she didn't feel any different. Katie kept thinking of Ryder and she wondered how she could help him.

Ryder felt something fall into his lap and he saw the note that came with it *Ryder you are a nephlam son of an angel and a demon, being the most powerful being in existence. This book will explain you powers and hopefully bring you back to us, love rocky* Ryder smiled as he read the book keeping it from Ruby. Ryder read into the night and the more he read the more interested he became, he remembered his parents. Ryder thought to himself " my mom was a bit more angry so I'm thinking she was a demon, but my dad was stronger therefore he was probably the more powerful one. I feel like he is the reason I like helping people, was my dad God himself or maybe he was an arch angel I just don't know. I need to get out of here, so I can awaken my powers." Ryder could hear Ruby breathing he knew she was still asleep he decided to sleep himself. His plan was to get Ruby to think he was on her side and get out of this nightmare.

Katie felt someone in the room but when she looked around no one was there, she heard a voice. " Katie my name is Korra and I am from the spirit world. Your meteor power is manipulation and you can basically control others. This will be useful in helping Ryder in the end goal of destroying the underworld and his demon side" Korra said. " I can destroy his demon side?" Katie asked, " in a way yes you can manipulate him into choosing the angel side but if I know Ryder I feel he won't need much convincing" Korra said. Katie nodded as she fell back asleep not knowing if this was a dream or not but now she knew what her power was and she was excited to see how it worked.

Ruby was dreaming of Ryder being able to overpower her and it startled her awake as she looked over to the cage and noticed he was asleep. Ruby sighed she needed to come up with a plan, first getting him to drink demon blood and using her charm, she poured a glass of her own blood into a cup. She walked over to the cage and said, "time to wake up my pet, I have something for you" she said in a loving tone. Ryder opened his eyes and looked at her, " what is it?" He asked looking at the red liquid, "a drink now drink it" Ruby said, "I'd rather not" Ryder said smelling it. Ruby wasn't going to take no for an answer as she opened the cage door and forced Ryder down as he was still weak inside the cage. She sat on him and pinned his arms down with her thighs and plugged his nose forcing him to open his mouth. Once he did she poured her blood into his mouth, Ryder swallowed choking a bit, but it mad him feel odd.

The whites of his eyes turned black and his iris's turned a golden color, Ruby was stunned his eyes were beautiful. She however didn't know if this was a good thing or not as she let him up, "how do you feel honey?" Ruby asked, "I am not sure, what did you do?" Ryder asked, "I gave you some of my blood, I am hoping it will bring the demonic side forward" Ruby said, Ryder didn't say anything he was definitely feeling something in the form of anger. "Can I have more?" Ryder asked her, "of course sweetheart" Ruby said as she felt Ryder bite her with tiny snake like fangs and it was oddly euphoric to her. The more he drank the more golden his eyes became and he finally stopped. "Now how do you feel?" Ruby asked, "amazing, thank you" Ryder said knowing he activated a part of his power. Ryder heard a voice in his head, "my son please be careful with your choice, once you choose a side you can't go back" his father said to him. Ryder knew which side he wanted to choose at least he felt he did. Right now convincing Ruby that he was on her side and getting out of this cage was first on his list. Ryder thought in his head, "forgive me Katie for what I am about to do please" as he pulled Ruby close to him and kissed her. 

Ruby smiled she knew her blood did something, inside Ryder's heart felt crushed and he hated doing that but it was essential. "Want to come out honey?" Ruby asked, "yes please" Ryder said as Ruby pulled him out of the cage. Ryder all of a sudden felt his strength and every part of him tensed up. His power was now hitting him hard and he fell to the ground and screamed, Ruby backed away she didn't know if she should push him back into the cage. She wanted to see where this went, but she was also scared not knowing whose side he was on. After a few minutes Ryder stood up and his eyes remained the golden color, "you feel okay?" Ruby asked, "I feel amazing" Ryder said taking advantage of his strength and his powers as he pushed Ruby against the wall. "Hmm you are strong" Ruby said, "I know thanks to you" Ryder said as he kissed her again even though he would rather vomit. 

"I am still not convinced you are on my side, but let's go train. I want to see what you can do" Ruby said pulling him with her to her training grounds. 

A/N 

Thank you to @CrystalDragonGlitch CrystalDragonGlitch

for giving me ideas for this story.. this eye color is when the demonic side is brought forward it is not meaning he chose his demon side. Just that this power has been awakened and this is his eye color now.