Chapter 12

Ryder explained to the pups what he found out and of course Chase had questions, "wait sir so you are telling us that there is another threat?" Chase said. "Yes this time from the underworld, I am assuming some sort of demon or something" Ryder said. "How do you know this?" Marshall asked, "someone from the spirit world told me, listen that part doesn't matter okay, I need you guys training with your powers please. I am not sure what kind of threat this will be but I have a feeling it will be stronger than Viego" Ryder said. "We don't have your powers anymore Ryder sir ever since you left" Chase said. "You do, you just need to recharge from the meteor" Ryder said as he led his pups to the basement and just like he said the meteor gave them powers. "I am going to build your guys new vehicles to go with your powers" Ryder said. "Cool" the pups said they charged up and began training. 

It didn't take long for Ryder to build the vehicles as he was using Rocky's power to help him out and with his speed from Chase it was quick. "Alright pups practice using your vehicles for a bit then its time for dinner" Ryder said as he went inside to find Katie. "Hey babe you alright?" Ryder asked her, "fine I just hate that you are always in danger now. Like I can't live like this Ryder" Katie said. "It will be okay babe I promise I am stronger now and I have all the pups powers" Ryder said. "You had that last time too and you almost died!" Katie said a bit loudly, "Please trust me Katie okay, I will not leave you ever I promise" Ryder said. "I want to believe that but what if this whatever it is takes you to the underworld and burns you alive?" Katie said. "Then I will use my water power to put myself out, I am not worried about it Katie and I will be safe and so will you. Now we should probably tell the town I am alive?" Ryder said. "I told Mayor Goodway she phoned, she promised to let everyone know" Katie said. "Good now I would like to show you something in the bedroom" Ryder said. "Oh?" Katie said curiously following him into their bedroom. Ryder pushed her onto the bed and kissed her and she knew what he wanted and she couldn't deny him. It didn't take them long and Ryder kissed her and said "I love you" "I love you too" she replied still gasping for breath.

Ryder poured the pup food and they ate wanting to get back to training, "Not to much longer pups its time for bed soon" Ryder said. "Okay Ryder" the pups said as they kept using their superpowers they loved being so strong. Ryder watched the pups from the balcony and he sensed Korra's presence in his mind. "Ryder the pups are doing well, I am certain the creature from the underworld will make an appearance tomorrow. I am unsure what they are but they will look like a human. This is all I know" Korra said. "Understood thank you Korra I will keep and eye out" Ryder said. "Yes and be careful if you die to someone in the underworld there is nothing I can do to help. You will belong to them" Korra said. "What does that mean?" Ryder asked, "it means you will be sent to the underworld and from there I can assure you that there is no escape" Korra said as she faded away. This made Ryder shudder and he really hoped that none of his pups or himself ended up there it sounded awful. 

Ryder let them train for a few more minutes before he called out, "time for bed pups" "Okay" the pups said as they all said goodnight to each other and went to their houses. Ryder cleaned up the kitchen before heading to bed himself, Katie was already in bed and he cuddled into her. It was 2 am when he woke up from a nightmare or at least that is what he thought it was. He went into the bathroom and tried to calm himself down, "I hope that was not a vision" he said to himself as he watched everyone he loved being sent to the underworld and go up in flames. The sounds of their screams still echoing inside his head, Ryder took a hot shower as he felt it was the best thing to calm him down. Of course he wasn't going to be able to sleep again so he went to his office and checked the cameras. He already knew the entire town was asleep but it gave him a piece of mind knowing at least for now things were calm. 

The sun had come up and Ryder had fallen asleep at his desk, he was been shaken awake by Katie. "Babe wake up" Katie said softly into his ear, Ryder opened his eyes and looked at her, "what time is it?" he asked, "just after 7 did you not come to bed?" Katie asked, "I did but I had a bad dream and came here. I am not even sure why" Ryder said, "Wait are these cameras all over town?" Katie asked seeing them for the first time. "Oh um yes I did when I found out about Viego and I haven't taken them down yet" Ryder said, "how has no one seen these?" Katie asked him, "they are literally like super tiny and hard to see, but lets get the pups breakfast" Ryder said. "Okay" Katie said wondering where all the camera's were she had to go into work today so she was going to see if she could find them. Katie ate her breakfast and said goodbye to Ryder, "bye please be careful" Ryder said, "I know who to call if I am in trouble" she said as she kissed him and left. 

Meanwhile in town a demon from the underworld had finally made her way into the real world. At first glance she was beautiful, long silvery hair that shined in the sunlight, piercing blue eyes that literally could see right through you. She was the queen of the underworld and her beauty is what drew people to her. She noticed Alex just outside his tree house, "excuse me young man" she said in a sing song voice. "Oh wow" Alex said as he noticed her, "hi darling, I am looking for a boy maybe you know him" she said. "Oh um maybe you are beautiful" Alex said literally staring at her. "Thank you honey, I am Ruby and I am looking for a boy named Ryder" Ruby said, "yes he lives at the top of the hill there in the lookout" Alex said. "Thank you sweet boy, now forget you saw me" Ruby said as she walked away from him and Alex shook his head wondering what the hell he was doing. 

Katie saw her the girl with the silver hair and she noticed she was walking up to the lookout our more like floating. "Who the hell is she!" Katie said to herself as she watched this girl and now she wished she didn't have to work. Katie wanted to phone Ryder but she had her first client and she was already busy. 

Ruby made her way up to the lookout and caught the attention of all the pups as they literally could not stop staring.