Chapter 1

Aki gazed down at his hands, fists clenching on the rich, white fabric embroidered in gold. He forced his hands to relax, smoothing out the clothes.

"I do not want any disturbance from you Aki, understood?" The rough voice from above made him look up from where he was seated.
He didn't replied, just stared.

"I asked, do you understand?"
He loomed over Aki, face dark in anger.
"Yes, father" Aki replied through clenched teeth.

King Dilherra didn't replied, just gave him another look before stomping away.

¤¤¤

"Brother, brother, must you go? Please don't go, I will be all alone..."

Aki crouched down, pulling the five years old child into an embrace, mindless of his white robes dragging on the floor, not that it mattered, every inch of the floor of palace of Aved was polished to a shine for the big celebration, the crown prince's marriage, however unwanted that is.

"Nuwee, brother, I know it is hard, but you must stay strong for me, okay? Can you promise me that? My strong little warrior?"

Aki released the boy from his arms, instead grasping him by the shoulders and peering into his eyes.

"No...take me with you..." tears welled up in huge purple eyes, so very similar to Aki's own, despite no longer having the same innocence in Nuwee's.

"Nuwee, please, if I could, I would."
Aki replied, helpless.

"Why should you go too? Like Mama? Brother Ruth is going too..." now the tears were flowing.

Having nothing else to do, Aki drew the child into an embrace again, letting him cry. He was just as helpless here, this setting neither his choosing, nor having another choice.

The snot and tears were ruining his wedding robes, he knew, but he had no space in mind to be concerned when it was all occupied in some or another worry, non for himself, but all for everyone else.

"Nuwee..." he whispered. "'I'm scared."
This startled the child enough to force himself out of his brother's arms.

Scared? His brother? He's never scared, he is the bravest.

"Can you be strong for me too? Brother is so scared."

Can he? Nuwee wondered? He must right? Brother is always there for him. He can do this.

"Mn!" He wiped his arms across his cheeks, successfully smearing tears all around his tiny face.

"I can be strong for brother!" His voice was full of determination.

Aki chuckled. Patting his trailing sleeves over Nuwee's face to get rid of tear stains, he smiled.

"Thank you. Now brother is not afraid"
And was gifted with a gap toothed smile full of childish affection, the truest of love.

The doors banged open. Aki rose to his feet hastily, half drawing Nuwee behind.

"What are you still doing here boy! Just you bring even a hint of shame to this kingdom and I'll have you whipped!" King Dilherra cried, outraged.

"Sorry father," Aki bowed his head, clutching Nuwee's hand all the more tightly.

Nuwee's free hand was clenched in his brother's robes, scared.

"Get moving! It's time!" Both Aki and Nuwee jumped at their father's tone.

"Yes father,"

Aki waved the nurse maid over, who was hiding in the shadows, too afraid to interrupt any of the confronts that happened in the room.

"Take care of him," entrusting the child to her care, he almost ran out of the door, knowing he must catch up to his father before he enters the chapel.

¤¤¤

"Do you, Aki Diherra, take him, Yeran Avos as your lawfully wedded husband, to care and cherish in sickness and health till death do you apart?"

"I do."

¤¤¤

The doors shut silently, finally alone with his new husband Yeran gazed at his face. He had caught glimpses of the handsome face at ceremony but hadn't had the chance of doing properly.

His initial observation had been correct, Prince Aki Dilherra was handsome with his enchanting purple eyes, pitch black hair that reached mid back, contrasting with smooth milky pale skin. Couple inches taller than him and toned with obvious muscles despite the slim physique.

He smiled inwardly,
'You have chosen good father, he would have been someone I could have been interested in,'

"Aki, yes?" He questioned, putting on an air of nonchalant.

"Yes, my lord," Aki's voice sounded almost soundless, as if quoting something rather than speaking.

Yeran narrowed his eyes at him, not that he saw, his eyes lowered as they were.

"Look at me,"

Purple met blue and held.

"I suppose that I must make something clear to you, Aki,"

Aki did not liked how he pronounced his name, as if the taste reviled him. His fists clenched inside his sleeves but he stayed motionless.

He had already observed the crown prince of Aved to be handsome in a pretty way, his features pronounced with high cheekbones and defined jaw line. Dark brown hair framed his warm coppery tanned face till it fell to his shoulders in an artistic mess. Though the most eye catching would be his eyes, a vivid ocean blue that seemed to sparkle under candle light.

"You may be my lawfully wedded husband, but keep in mind that you will never be anything in my mind, nor my heart, I already have a lover." Yeran continued.

'Ah! So that is what this is about,'

Aki gave him a benevolent smile,

"You will neither be the 1st prince to have lovers, nor the the 1st king to have concubines, my lord,"

Yeran rolled his eyes, 'of course he is an insufferable wise crack' he thought.

"Good night, husband," was all he said before sauntering out of the door, his blue cape swishing behind him.

Aki stared at the closed door for a moment longer before closing his eyes and sighing heavily.

He was not looking forward to the morning.
.
.
.

Aki

Aki

(Author should not disclose this information, but, for your peace of mind, Aki is top   *wink wink*. You did not hear this from me.)

Hi! Author here,

English isn't my 1st language, so I guess there would be mistakes, feel free to point them out.

Disclaimer,

The story is mine, the characters are mine, any resemblance to anyone or anything is purely coincidental.
The pictures I would be using aren't mine, they are from Google or printerest, credit goes to original creators.