Chapter 4

"Wouldn't your darling husband be expecting you, your highness?" Zeke asked.

"If he knows better, he won't, I sent a massage." Yeran replied, annoyed with all the pretense he has to put up.

"Why are you thinking about him anyway, pay attention to me! And since when do you call me your highness?" He scolded.

"Ah my Yeran, so naive as always," Zeke snapped a finger against Yeran's forehead.

"Ouch! What?!" Yeran scowled, miffed.

"Of course I would be thinking about him, he's too damn handsome for his own good and is definitely your type, shouldn't I be worried?" Zeke put a hand on Yeran's waist, dragging him towards himself.

Yeran sniggered. "As if, specifically not after the nasty surprise you gave him this morning."

"That was too bad of me, wasn't it, to steal his husband on the wedding night?" Zeke put a thoughtful hand against his chin, tightening the hand around Yeran's waist.

"As if I care, he should have known not to reach for what that doesn't belong." Zeke sneered.

"What are we gonna do about him?" Yeran asked

"Nothing, at the moment, it doesn't say anywhere that 1st partner has to be the consort, he could be a concubine, or maybe he could have a little accident before your coronation." Zeke smirked, a cruel shadow passing along his fair features to disappear only a second later.

Yeran shivered. Startled.

"Zeke no! We can't, if even a slight hint were to be revealed of a suspicion, Dilhevia will be legally bound to call for war in honor of their prince's name." Yeran warned.

"That is, of course my Yeran, if we were to be caught, who knows what can happen in a hunting parade." Zeke smiled beatifically.

"Hunting parade? You mean the hunting parade in three months time?"

"Mmm...." Zeke hummed, nuzzling Yeran's neck.

"I don't think that would be a good idea, Zeke," Yeran mumbled, voice cautious.

"What?!" Zeke lifter his head, eyes narrowed.

"Do not tell me you cannot bear to part from your pretty husband." He stared into Yeran's eyes.

"What?! Heaven's no! But..."

"The sooner we can be rid of pests, the better."

Zeke interrupted, releasing Yeran.

"Where are you going?" Yeran questioned.

"Home, your highness, I do not live in the palace if you had forgotten,"

"Zeke,"

"Have a good night my lord, maybe visit your poor husband."
Zeke threw over a shoulder, seemingly aloof.

He glanced at a shadowed alcove just outside the room from the corner of his eyes.

'It will need to be fixed,' he thought, noticing something that does not belong.

¤¤¤

"Your highness," Yeran had no choice but to incline his head and accept the greeting of his new husband, met straight to face.

"Prince Aki, wherever may you be going? Have you not heard that it could attract ghosts by walking alone in the night?"

Yeran asked, throwing a disdainful glance at the long white robes his husband is draped in. Hiding how he was startled when the white figure, seeming to float along the ground, appeared around a bend in path, dim torch light not enough to illuminate him fully.