Chapter 25

"Yor Derhan changed his name to Dilherra, stole our father's name and had been pretending to be the king for 14 years already by then. We wanted to know how he had installed himself on the throne so seamlessly with none the wiser." Aki started again with hatred burning in his eyes.

"We wanted to know why no minister protested, why no general came to our aid, why people were scared to even speak of Yor, how our father's name got erased from history.

For almost a year, we had nothing, and after our mother's warning we had been paranoid, it is only after we realized how neither of us ever went anywhere truly alone, there had always been someone, a guard, a servant, someone, anyone was always there.

And we started noticing how Yor had been trying to create a feud between us. We already knew that, he would casually ask which one us wanted to be the next king, how if we completed a certain task before the other we could certainly be eligible for the throne, praised us how one is better than other, small things really, but never successful, Yor had 4 sons older than us, we never even expected a throne,"

"But we were still stuck, we did not know how to move forward. Then Nuwee was born. He was actually Yor's son, but he said he wasn't, because he didn't wanted a son of his own blood, from our mother, there was a chance of him being eligible to the throne." Ruth said.

"And he wanted to kill him. We interfered. Well, actually Aki did,"

"And then Yor asked Aki to kill you, he almost did, you two fell out, Aki became Yor's assassin,... or was that another lie?" Yeran snapped.

"It was the truth, just, not the completet truth." Ruth admitted.

"Yor did asked Aki to kill me, and he almost did, the key word was almost, like I said earlier, if he wanted anyone dead, they would be dead."

Yeran raised brow.

"We had already talked about that, the more allied the two of us are, the more guarded Yor was with us, we decided to start showing a dispute, but he presented a golden chance himself." Aki said.

"So it was a plan of yours from beginning." Zeke asked.

"Yes," Ruth agreed.

"Aki had always been an impulsive one, he's pretty straightforward with what he thinks is true and will follow through with a single minded focus."

Ruth jumped. Aki having hit his leg under the table with a frown.

He smirked at Aki, but continued on.

"So, it was logical for him to be the traitor, everyone knows if someone is being threatened he'd never keep his mouth shut.

Then, as you said, we had a fight and a falling out, Nuwee was saved, and Aki fell under the control of Yor,"

"I'm assuming that was also your intention?"

"Of course, he thought I was completely under lock and key," Aki's smile had too much teeth.

"And he thought I was betrayed by my own brother and was completely on his side."

"Yor sent me after many officials, militia, and even foreign leaders."

"And you killed them all?" Yeran asked.

"Some yes, some no, there were many who had collaborated with Yor to fabricate the claim to throne and gas light the people. Yor wanted them dead for if they revealed anything, his plans would fall through. All of them, I killed, they deserved no mercy.

Others, those who he wanted dead because they tried to stand against him, well, you would never know how easy it is to fake a death." Aki said with an innocent blink.