Chapter 10

"Aki Dilherra, welcome back." Yeran replied when he saw Aki stirring.

Aki's eyes opened so suddenly with no warning. He raised his head to the voice, purple eyes almost glowing through the falling locks of hair.

"Hello," Aki greeted, blowing away the strands.

"Mind telling me why I'm still alive? And in our room and not in a prison cell?" He asked with a cheeky smile, giving a once over to the surrounding.

Ruth hadn't stopped at tying Aki's wrists, but hauled him out of bed and tied him against a sturdy pole.

Yeran could see Aki's hands moving behind his back, testing the binds.

"Yh, um.. stop staring, will you? It's getting a tad bit creepy, I know I'm handsome." Aki winked, to which Yeran responded with a blink, still not processing, eyes stuck on his husband who is suddenly acting as if possessed.

"Why did you try to kill his highness?" Ruth questioned, not deterred.

"C'mon...that's an easy question," Aki rolled his eyes.

"Because I was bored, obviously"

"What the fuck?!" The question burst out of Yeran.

"Oooh....easy with the language husband," Aki's eyes danced with mirth.

"Well, let's be honest, you didn't want this marriage, I definitely didn't want this marriage, and even more than that...who in the world will be able to tolerate a little shit like you for more than a week! Two months was stretching it I'm telling you!"

"You!" Yeran was tongue tied at the attitude of Aki.

"What? You think it is easy to just pretend to be someone I'm not? It's all be like that Aki, be like this, don't do that Aki, no you are not allowed! I was tired! And do you think I never noticed those veiled insults you keep shooting at me, how you flounced your lover around right infront of me? " Aki kept ranting, going ignorant on both Yeran and Ruth's lament, be it willful ignorarce or not, only Aki knew.

Yeran was all that much closer to having a full blown seizure, him wanting Aki to have some life and him being this alive throwing him off the charts.

"Shut up!" Ruth aimed a kick at Aki's side, exactly the place where the wound lay.

"Agh!" Aki let out a bitten off scream, eyes turning glacial. He glared at Ruth, powerful enough to scorch him with the heat of thousand suns.

"You, will answer only the questions that you are asked, understood?" Ruth asked, leaning forward to fist a hand in Aki's collar.

"Such warm affection to your brother, Prince Ruth," Aki spat.

Ruth's knee pressed again on to the wound, which Aki responded with biting his own lip, almost hard enough to draw blood.

"Enough! Ruth," Yeran calmed his mind enough for it to be brought to the present, already analyzing every past moment he spent with Aki, suddenly cataloging the tightly pressed lips, hands clenched inside sleeves and forcefully drawn smiles.

Ruth pushed Aki back against the pole, standing up to take position by Yeran's side.

"Why did you tried to kill me?" Yeran repeated Ruth's prior question.

"Because I wanted to be free, I never wanted this marriage darling husband, despite what my father might have said." Both husband and father was released with a copious amount of venom.