Chapter 18

"Mother!"

"Yes, you heard me, you are not a child anymore Yeran, you will be 19 in a few months and you must take responsibility of your actions." The queen glared up at him from where she was seated.

"Mother this is an old argument we have already had, I obeyed you orders and spend three days every week with my so called husband! What more do you want me to do?" Yeran refused to back off.

"So called? There is no so calling there Yeran, he is your husband and will remain to be The Imperial Consort with your ascension to throne. There is no chance of you ever being with that other boy, the sooner you understand, the better!" The queen slapped her play against the table, angry.

"Mother,"

"Enough! I do not wish to talk more on this behalf, think of your own, now leave," She held out a hand, blocking Yeran's words.

Yeran gritted his teeth, unable to mouth off against his mother and left with a bow.

"Leave the boy be Yelena, he shall come to his senses," the king said, appearing moments after Yeran.

"My lord," the queen seem surprised.

"I heard, you were not speaking very quietly. Just wait, this is just a beginning," King Aved's face was terrifyingly blank.

"But my lord,"

"Future is not set on stone Yelena, you wanted this marriage and I had it done, now leave them alone to solve their own problems, Zeke isn't that bad of a lad."

The queen frowned, not replying and yet neither accepting.

¤¤¤

"Are you happy now?" Yeran asked from the still figure on the bed.

"I know you aren't asleep Aki," he used the name without a title.

Aki's sat up, cross legged on the bed, purple eyes glinting in the dark.

"What do you want me to say?" He asked.

"What did you told my mother?"

Aki didn't answered, just stared, he stared for more than a minute, without blinking.

"Aki!"

Aki slipped off the bed, slowly making his way over.

"Which part of, 'I did not wanted this marriage either' that you didn't understand?" Aki asked, word by word, slow.

"I," he pointed himself,

"Did not chose this marriage Yeran, I was forced into this, I never had a choice, I never told you not to be with your lover, I never told you to do anything, it was your mother, your father, your traditions and your plans. Leave me out of this, I already told you that I would not be in your way, but when I am given a direct order, again, I do not have a choice, it would be better for us both for you to remember that, quit calling yourself the victim and open your eyes!"

Yeran stared after Aki, who strode out without even bothering to put on either shoes or an over robe. Tent flap still fluttering.

Yeran put a hand on his forehead, squeezing the bridge of his nose. For the first time in his life someone had been oh so blunt with him.

"Yeran?" Yeran almost jumped in fright, not expecting the sudden voice.

"Zeke?" He asked.

"What's going on? I just saw,"