Chapter 3

"And why exactly must I do that father, do you not already has him under lock and key?" He crossed his legs, one ankle over the other's knee.

"You know exactly why Ruth, need I explain word by word?" King Dilherra growled.

"I...no father, forgive me," Ruth rose from where he was seated, bowing.

"Keep an eye on him, we both know he will find a loophole if left to his own devices,"

"Yes father,"

"I need this alliance Ruth, do not let him act out of character, use whatever means necessary,"

"Yes father,"

King Dilherra waved him off without a glance.

Bowing to his father, Ruth made no hesitation in leaving.

¤¤¤

"Your highness," putting one fist against the other palm Ruth inclined his head.

"My new body guard Yes?"

"Yes your highness, I'm Ruth Dilherra"

"My brother-in-law as well, I suppose?"
Yeran narrowed his eyes at him.

"Aki and I share only the blood, your highness, my relationship with him will not hinder me from duty." Ruth replied.

"Hmm...." Yeran hummed without replying.

"You need not shadow me day and night prince Ruth, be here at morning, before I leave room and you may leave after I retire at night, if I were to have a need of you, out of those times, I shall summon you." Yeran stated.

"Understood, your highness."

"Since we are to be working together closely, I hope we can get to know each other some other time, at least enough to be called aquintances?" Yeran asked with a chuckle and a playful smile.

Ruth inclined his head with a barely noticeable lift at the corner of his lips.

Yeran took his time to evaluate his new guard, twin brother of his darling husband he had just left in their marital chambers.

Just as Aki, Ruth also had pitch black hair, though only reaching barely past his shoulders, purple eyes and pale skin, where the similarities ended outright.

While Aki's face remained impassive with an empty smile, Ruth's was stern. He stood straight with one hand resting on the sword hilt at his waist.

Though they both were handsome, they rested in different wave lines, Ruth's was not something he would find charming.

¤¤¤

Ruth stared, arriving just in time to see the doors close behind Aki's back.

There was a servant at door, a girl, whom Ruth barely spared a glance.

Not even a few minutes late the doors banged open to reveal an already frowning Yeran so early in the morning.

Ruth glanced inside to see the stockstill face of his brother, standing unmoving.

'Interesting,' was all he thought before turning on his heel to follow Yeran.

¤¤¤

"This is Zeke, prince Ruth, my Head Knight and the son of the Prime Minister."

Yeran introduced, gesturing at a grey blonde haired young man with deep black eyes. He was handsome and dignified with a charming smile, more of a smirk, a bit self satisfactory.