II. Chapter 6

"Thank you, your majesty, but I do not want to trouble, we can arrange a visit to Ruwanyen, can't we, husband? Later though, after we solve this...problem," Aki smiled, politely, pulling Yeran closer to him.

Yeran suppressed a shiver, his whole body fighting in-between hot and cold and adrenalin of anticipation.

'This man, is going to be the death of me,'
..

"Let's go in, Let's go in," King Rawul laughed awkwardly and averted his eyes.

A huge tent was erected in the middle of the clearing. Resplendent and regal looking.

Soldiers from both kingdoms were arrayed around in some sort of protective format only the two kings were privy to. Though it only looked as chaos to Yeran.

He waved a hand with subtle gestures. His personal knights took position, their protective stance elusive.

"What is their strategy, you think?" Aki leaned closer, whispering.

"Let's see," Yeran smiled up at him.

"A kiss for good luck?"

Aki scowled, retracting his hand from its perch in Yeran's waist.

Yeran caught his hand, lacing their fingers together. Aki narrowed his eyes at him, but Yeran only gave an angelic smile, sneakily gesturing at the two kings.

Prince Consort's mouth tightened, but he didn't resist.

...

"Prince Consort hasn't even touched the wine," King Rawul said as if offended.

Aki smiled, benevolent, "Do forgive me your majesty, my alcohol tolerance is... quite weak. I mean no offense."

"Ah..yes, yes, makes sense," the king of Ruwanyen gave a deep belly laugh that no one else participated in.

"Enough chitchat," King Fewley interrupted.

"Get to the point. Stop wasting time."

"You know who this is, yes, who truly he is?" Yeran asked.

"He's your Consort, Prince Yeran, we know, we participated in the wedding." King Rawul said.

"Let's not beat around the bush Your Majesties, you know he is the true heir of Delhevia throne, the elder son of King Arun."

The two kings shared a glance.

"So you know," King Fewley stated.

"Yes." Yeran said.

"And that means you also know that if we succeeded in winning this war against Derhan, he would be the rightful ruler."

"You said you would dissolute Delhevia and we would get a one-third each." King Fewley spoke.

"If you were to agree to lend us your armies, yes."

"Why should we agree with you, Prince Yeran, we already reap much benefit from King Yor."

The eyes of king of Vasras was murky at best and straight up dark at worst. The greedy there was more pronounced than in King Rawul's sleezy conduct.

"Please, King Fewley, there is no need to be ostentatious, it is obvious to all our agreement that one-third of the country is much better than one-third of just the gold mines."

"And we are to expect that Prince Consort has no design on the throne? It is his legacy after all." King Rawul asked.

"I married into the family Avos, I hold no more right," Aki refused him.

"But it is to our understanding that you have a twin brother, Prince Consort. If he were to decide to vie for the throne? Then what happens?" The question arose from King Fewley.

"Neither I nor my brother was trained in any sort of governing, your highness, to take over a country will only result in suffering of the common folk, it is not our intention to destroy our kingdom in the pretense of saving it." Aki lowered his head as if showing shame, only to hide his expressions under the shadow of his hair.

"Very well." King Fewley nodded at King Rawul. "We will sign for the coalition"

Yeran smiled, nodding at the scribe who came with them, who stepped forward and presented a wooden box, containing three scrolls of the same copy.

The three scrolls were put in front of the two kings and the prince. The kings alloweing their own scribes to read and scrutinize the agreement.

Yeran rose to his feet, as soon as they signed and the scribes took away the rolled up scrolls.

"Thank you for your assistance, your majesties, now please do me a favour and die!" He winked.

The tent tore open just behind each King, pouring in soldiers.

"What?!" Aki was on his feet lightning fast, hands going for the daggers in his sleeves.

The other two, not a fraction as fast, put no trouble up. King Rawul died with an arrow through his throat, with not a chance of rising to his feet.

King Fewley at least manged die on his feet, hand halfway reaching for the sword at his hip. He was beheaded by the first soldier to reach him, blood splattering everywhere.

Yeran put a hand on Aki, halting him.

Aki glanced at him.

"I'm sorry Aki," he felt something prick his hand, things immediately going out of focus.

His sight wavered and he swayed on his feet.

"Ye..Yeran..what.." he stammered.

Aki's feet gave out under him, the world unsteady. He went down, only prevented by Yeran.

Yeran propped up his Consort, one knee on the ground and Aki leaned against the other.

Aki's eyes were hazy and obscured by a mist. There was a stain of blood coloring his otherwise pale cheek, a rose on a bed of snow.

Yeran gently brushed it off.

"This was how it was always going to end." He said, briefly tightening his hold around Aki's shoulders.

The amethyst eyes fluttered briefly, flickering shut in to a long dream.

"Yeran," a voice called from behind.

"Is it done, Zeke?"

"Yes, I have him. They are waiting." Zeke replied.

...

Hey hey,

No words today,

See ya,

Arkhane.

Demon of Delhevia

Demon of Delhevia