Chapter 12

"Your highness?" Yeran looked up at the sound of knocking.

"Come in," he said, having expected the person visiting far too late to be considered polite.

The door opened, the person swept in, graceful and somewhat bewitching in blond hair and a dark tan, beautiful in a black trousers and a long peacock blue tunic that reached his knees.

At first glance he seemed unassuming, a young master of a wealthy family with no care in the world, it is by observing the sharp cool eyes it can be said that this person is far from who is shown.

"You summoned me, your highness," he took a deep bow.

"Yes, there was no other I could trust with this task."

"You seem troubled, your highness," the person asked, silently calculating, eyes stoppong at the bruise marring Yeran's jaw.

"Moren, how much do you know of the royal family of Dilhevia?"

Yeran asked, gesturing for Moren to take a seat. He inclined his head in thanks, sitting down.

"I did as much digging as I was capable of while being busy with that other task your highness asked me of, what might your highness wish to know?"

"Tell me all you know,"

"For all I searched your highness, it is about the fifth prince, prince Aki, that I found least of, people say he changes like the wind, no one really knows how to describe him, and yet, he is quite popular among many for he is always kind and compassionate. Those people say he is a free spirit, spending his time helping around the city, if people could find no solution from royal Court, it is to him they go. But also, the there are those who are not much of a fan of him, they say he is cruel and vicious with a sharp tongue and even sharper blades."

Yeran's brows jumped high.

"Contradicting, yes? That was my first though as well."

Yeran nodded, thoughtful.

"And what of his twin?"

"Prince Ruth," Moren tapped a finger against his chin, several rings glittering on his hand.

"The two princes are not seen together at any time, willingly, at the least, I had had not enough time to search for him other than to say that he, unlike his brother has a clean state. He is straightforward, and he has no care in status, wealth or blood line, he will punish and reward as what he finds just."

"Anything else?"

"Neither of the two princes' are close with the family, other than Prince Aki with the youngest prince Nuwee. Prince Aki and Prince Ruth's interactions with elder siblings are minimal, but not as less as with each other, treating each other as hostiles at best and downright enemies at worst. King Dilherra isn't attached to any of his children, all of them just pieces in a chess board for him."

Yeran nodded, slowly.

"Moren, I know you just returned from a mission, but would you be able to visit Dilhevia, I need more information regarding the relationship of the two princes'." He asked.

"Anything for you, your majesty. By two princes I think you meant Prince Aki and Prince Ruth?"

Moren inquired.

"Yes," Yeran nodded.

"Did something happened, your highness?" Moren asked with concern, eyeing the bruise again. 

"You can say that,"

"Am I allowed to ask?" Moren asked uncertainly, knowing Yeran likes to keep his deck of cards close to his heart, playing only the necessary at one time.