II. Chapter 1

"That's enough Yeran," Aki pulled the goblet away from him.

"I am fine!" Yeran snarled, his cheeks a little too crimson to be good.

"You are drunk, c'mon, can you get up?" Aki asked, grabbing by the bicep and hauling him up.

"I'm not!" Yeran protested, swaying on his feet.

"Exactly what a drunk man would say. Why did you even drink this much," Aki tightened his grasp to prevent Yeran's face from having a personal meeting with the floor.

"And, now we are stranded here, thank you very much." Aki scowled, 

"It's not like I asked it to rain today, if you are willing to get drenched, you are welcome to go right ahead." Yeran slurred back.

"Rain?! You will end up breaking your neck if we attempted to ride a horse like this." Aki bit out.

"I drank because of you anyway," Yeran replied, petulantly.

Aki turned on his heel so abruptly, Yeran barely caught himself from slamming face first into Aki's chest. 

Aki narrowed his eyes, looking down, their faces a breath apart.

Caught by the sudden spur of movement, Yeran caught his lips in a lightning flash kiss, only to break it just as fast and whirl around Aki to slam the door of the inn room behind himself in a surprising show of agility, considering his intoxication.

Aki blinked, dazed, standing rock still. He blinked again, shaking himself from stupor and glanced at the closed door.

"What the fuck!" He muttered under his breath.

_-_-_-_

Earlier that morning,

"And why am I coming with you again?" Aki drawled from where he was draped over a couch like a particularly lazy panther.

"Why are you asking this again when I have already told you?" Yeran asked, incensed.

"Just so I can make certain I had not heard incorrectly."

Yeran sighed, resigning to repeat himself.

"Because I need to personally visit and recall my private armies from retreat and you being there with me will solidify your stance as my husband and will send a clear threat to Derhan as well."

Aki's stood from his sprawl, the long lithe body straightening from loose posture. Yeran did his best not to stare, though how much he succeeded was known only by Aki.

"OH? It is not that I do not understand the presumption husband, it is your intention that baffles me, did you not want anything but me being your husband?" Aki asked, stepping closer.

"Maybe that's a mystery that will leave you occupied for a while, dear Aki," Yeran didn't backed off as Aki thought he would, instead looked straight into his eyes with a dare.

_-_-_-_

"Yeran!" He yelled.

"Yeran, open this fucking door!" 'You can't just kiss me and run off you fucker,' he completed in his mind.

There was not a peep from inside, how could there be, when the occupant was panicking, suddenly yanked into sobering.

"What?!" Yeran's voice rose.

"What the fuck was that?!"

"I thought it would shut you up for a while longer, you were getting on my nerves,"

'You want me to believe you are clear headed enough to plot that after literally being drunk off your feet?' Aki thought.

"Don't break your neck if you are not letting me in, I can't explain how the crown prince killed himself because he was too drunk!" Aki replied, vindictive.

"Why are you so worried about my neck?" Yeran asked,

"Because I want to wring it myself," Aki replied, stomping away to his own room.

...

Yeran groaned as he woke up, feeling as if his head had been sledgehammered, repeatedly.

He squinted through the dim light, trying to grasp his bearings.

Yeran stood, heaving his limbs to order, laboriously. He poured a glass of water and chugged it down, to promptly choke on the same water as last night's memories came to forefront.

"OH no no no...oh no! What did I do..." he muttered, putting his hands over his face, the heels of his palms pressing tightly into the eyes, making him see colours. It wasn't doing any good to his headache.

"Yeran, I hope you are awake because I will leave you here if not," Aki's taps on the door weren't anything light.

"I'm.. I'm.. awake," Yeran caughed.

"You have five minutes to be downstairs." Was all he said before the sound of footsteps reached Yeran.

Was it his imagination or did Aki sounded way more pissed off than usual?

..

"Well, good morning sunshine, I hope you slept well,"
Yeran would have been taken aback from the sudden shift in Aki's tone, if not for the fact he was staring at Yeran's blood shot eyes with a satisfied gleam.

Yeran grunted, crashing on to the chair on the opposite of Aki and let his head fall onto the table.

"Someone's cheery today," Aki giggled.

'Is he taking revenge?' Yeran thought.

"Ah, looks like this good sir is hungover, we have a medicine for that, family recipe "
Yeran's head shot up like a sunflower seeking the sun at innkeeper's voice.

"You are a blessing, please, one potion," he said, giving a charming smile.

"Of course, of course, and breakfast for two as well?" Innkeeper asked, giving a small laugh.

Yeran glanced back at Aki who seems to be praying to the keeper's ancestors and agreed with another smile.

Hey,

Short chap caz I kept you guys waiting for so long, another one sooner than this.

For those who are pissed at Yeran, yell to your hearts consent,

See ya,

Arkhane.