II. Chapter 3

"There was never a relationship to begin with!" Yeran yelled, knowing Aki will not wait for him.

_________

"Huh! Ha ha ha ha...." Aki started laughing.

The next second Yeran's vision went dark. Aki's voice came through as bits and pieces, fuzzy. The burning pain from his wrist was the next to register. His eyes watered, warm tears painting the rapidly paling cheeks.

"That's funny. You think I would believe you?" Aki waited till his vision cleared, till his hearing came back.

"People would say anything to be relieved of pain," he murmured, casually pressing a dagger tip just below his eye.

"Should I dig this out next?"

"No, no, stop! I can swear upon anything, you can ask Zeke himself," Yeran swore, his voice breaking, breath coming out in gasps.

"Really?" Was the sarcastic reply. 

"You are his superior, he's obliged to agree to whatever you say,"

"How about the tail bone next, I've heard that's exceptionally fun, unfortunately I never had a chance to experiment,"

"I swear to gods Aki, we have never had a relationship, at all, it was all just a ruse to stop my parents from arranging a marriage for me." Yeran was all but sobbing.

Aki raised a brow.

"Such good it did,"

"Yes, yes, it didn't work, but at least they didn't made me marry a girl."

"Hmm..."

"Zeke is my best friend and nothing more," Yeran insisted, eyes pleading.

"Really," Aki sneered, again,

"What about all the, 'You may be my lawfully wedded husband, but keep in mind that you will never be anything in my mind, nor my heart...' thing?"

"I had always known you were an assassin Aki, for a while then. We agreed to work together for our own benefits, that did not warrant on you knowing all my secrets,"

"That's...fair,"

"And...and...and...and then you came there and you were all perfect and snarky and takes no shit, you could kick my ass and I've never been more..." Yeran was cut off,

"I tried to kill you," Aki stated, matter of factly.

"Did you though? And it was really alluring, you brought down a dozen guards without breaking a sweat"

"Yah....that's very sweet...." Aki smiled, dripping saccharine.

"I don't trust you," his face changed in a second, the dagger hovering over the eye.

"Three years ago, Mid autumn festival," Yeran rushed out.

"What?" Aki paused.

"You were dressed in purple and black robes, your hair was done up in a high tail,"

"What, the hell are you talking about?" Aki's brow furrowed.

"A little boy fell in front of you and started bawling his eyes out and people only spared him a glance, but you just crouched next to him, in the dust, and you brushed off his tears and...and..you said something to him, bought him a toy and even found his parents." Yeran babbled.

"What?" Aki was beyond confused.

"That was the first time I saw you, and then several times after, there was one time you took down an army of bandits on your own..."

"Were you stalking me?"

"Did I say you were extremely attractive?"

"You! Are you insane?"

"I probably am,"

"You just insulted me, basically said I'm a monster, and now you are saying you had a crush on me for three fucking years?! I didn't hit your head, I'm certain of that," Aki pressed his knee tighter. 

Yeran caughed, winded.

"I was only trying to keep your attention." He made no effort to get up.

"That's fucking rich." Aki rolled his eyes, rising to his feet, letting his knee dig into Yeran's solar plexus one more time.

"Get up, we're going back,"

"I...don't think I can,"

"Right," Aki leaned down to yank off the knife.

Yeran bit off a scream, black spots dancing in his vision.

"I could say I'm sorry, but I would be lying. I don't trust you, so, if you had lied, stew on the thought of what is to come," he said, prowling off like an angry predator, with nary a glance back.

Yeran was left alone to figure out how to stand, as well as ride with a probably broken wrist, an index finger and a stabbed shoulder. On the bright side, they were all in his left side.

...

"What the hell happened to you, where's Aki, is he okay?" Ruth was there when he stumbled off the horse at the gates of palace and Aki had stormed off somewhere the minute they arrived.

"Aki happened to me," Yeran admitted, cradling his smarting wrist.

"What?! What did you do?" Ruth asked, staring at his blood soaked clothes.

"Infirmary? Please? I'm getting dizzy," Yeran asked, swaying on his feet.

"Yes, yes, of course, sorry, " Ruth put a hand on his bicep, supporting half his weight.

...

"I need to speak with General Zeke right this instant and I was not asking,  soldier." Aki's voice, though calm, dripped with authority.

"Right...Right..this way, your grace," the soldier stuttered.

"Your highness?" Zeke looked up from where his head was bent over a collection of scrolls and rose to greet him, perplexed of the sudden appearance.

"We need to talk," the long robes dramatically gliding around Aki when he swept in.

"Ah..yes? Take a seat?"

...

Hey,

See, I can update soon, I decided to finish this before Remake, so, double the updates. 

See you,

Arkhane.

P. S. : don't be too expecting though, I've been told that I'm very....unpredictable.

I didn't got to write Ruth for a while, so here's a pic