Chapter 2

"Your highness, it's time to wake," Aki turned from the window to the sound of knocking.

"Come in," Aki replied.

"Were you already awake your highness?" It was a servant.

Aki didn't replied, just nodded.

"May I help you....", the servant trailed off seeing Aki was already dressed.

"I....", she seems to be in a loss of words.

"I am capable of dressing my self..."

"Mira, your highness,"

"Mira, thank you for your help." Aki gifted the girl with a small smile.

"My lord, ah, it's one of your duties as the consort to wake the crown prince and help him dress,"
Mira spoke through a blush, prince consort really is too handsome for his own good.

"Yes, should I depart now?"

"That would be good your highness,"

"Your highness, as for your today's schedule, you will be taking breakfast with crown prince, and her majesty the queen has invited you for tea, and after that, minister of culture will be here to explain your duties and responsibilities." Mira listed out while escorting Aki to Yeran's chambers.

"Mmhmm....." Aki hummed along with her, his gait calm and graceful, one hand folded along his back.

'Is that not the new prince consort? Wah! So handsome!'
'Our prince is so lucky..'
'No! Prince consort is so unlucky, everyone knows prince Yeran is in love with lord Zeke,'
'Sh....he will hear us!'

Mira glanced at Aki uneasily at the whispers of passing servants.

Though Aki pretended to be oblivious, he also could hear the whispers clearly.

'Zeke, I wonder what sort a person he is?' Lost in thoughts Aki barely realized when they reached Yeran's door.

The door opened so suddenly, Mira who had raised a hand to the handle jumped back with a small cry, startled.

Seeing who came through, she paled terribly, easily as white as paper.

"L..l..lord Zeke," Mira stuttered.

"Ahh, you must be Aki," Zeke's tone was extremely patronizing.

"OH, forgive me, his highness, Aki Dilherra, I mean," he swept in a mocking bow.

"Nice to finally meet you lord Zeke, I have heard quite a lot about you " Aki replied with a benevolent smile.

Zeke's smirk wiped away at Aki's 'you are beneath me' attitude.

"I will visit the future queen as according to tradition, excuse me," he sneered and swept away with a swish of his clothes.

Aki noted how he emphasized queen as if it was an insult. 

Aki closed his eyes, releasing a deep breath before arranging his face back into a pleasant smile.

Forcing himself to take another breath he pushed his hands against the double doors.

"Good morning my lord." He greeted through opened doors before stepping through.

Yeran looked up, a frown already decorating his pretty face from where he was seated at the dressing table. Their gazes met in the mirror before he stood to face Aki.

"What are you doing here?" Yeran was definitely annoyed.

"I was hoping to assist you in dressing my lord," Aki's hands were folded together infront of his stomach, hidden inside the sleeves. He bowed his head, slightly, in difference.