Chapter 11

"Ooooh...your highness, wild night?" Nickolas winked, eyebrows wriggling.

Yeran barely kept himself from groaning. He hadn't had a wink of sleep from two night and the result marked his eyes quite darkly, making him look almost like a racoon. 

The royal hunting was postponed for a month, both to give the Crown prince and consort time for healing and to catch the nonexistent assassin who lives quite comfortably in the palace itself.

The king and queen had been beside themselves in worry, assigning more guards and tightening the security leavjng nary an inch of the palace grounds.

For a week and three days Yeran had avoided Aki, claiming excuse of both their wounds. Until the queen hears of the news and Yeran had gotten a scolding for how he is ill treating his injured husband.

Yeran had had no choice but to grudgingly spend the next three days with his husband, as per his agreement with mother.

His bad mood only continuing to rise with how all the connections between him And Zeke had been cut off, leaving him with no little amount of worry and misery. He had been looking forward to the hunt as the Head Knight Zeke's participation was mandatory.

Even after coming to a small understanding that Aki is under the threat of blackmail, he still could not close his eyes without fearing for a blade to sink through his body. After all, if he is dead, then he is dead, what use could there be of repercussions.

A worry that Aki had not repeated in the slightest, ignoring the very presence of Yeran, pretending for him to be another furniture or a decorative wall hanging. Yeran was forced to stare at his soundly sleeping husband, always on alert at exactly when those bewitching purple eyes would focus on him with a murderous gleam.

"Do not talk about night!" Yeran hissed.

Nickolas just winked again, smirking teasingly.

Yeran stomped away, frustrated. He could feel a headache pulsing behind his eyes, be it due to less sleep or the current situation even he wasn't aware.

"Agh! Your brother, is killing me!"

He hissed, again, at Ruth who also had a frown marring his face from morning, due to what reasons Yeran was not in a mind space to inquire. 

"What has he done this time? I could easily deal with him if your highness wishes." Ruth asked, his lip curling in disdain.

"Can we talk Ruth?" Yeran asked, instead of answering, hoping for a shadow in his periphery.

Ruth frowned in confusion.

"Of course your highness, about what?"

"Not here, come with me."

Ruth obediently followed, just a step behind to keep courtesy.

¤

"Where are we?" Ruth asked.

"Just some place I come to have some alone time, though, usually I'm not alone," Yeran blushed.

Ruth smirked in understanding.

"I can be certain that no one is able to overhear us here" Yeran said, grinning  inwardly.

"What did your highness wished to know?"

"I'm just confused, why do you hate your brother so much? I mean I know I would have loved to have a sibling, and you two are twins too?"

Ruth sighed.

"It's a bit of a long story, your highness"

"Do you have something to do?" Yeran asked.

"I just, I would like to understood what exactly is going on between the two of you, since inevitably, I am stuck with both of you, no matter how much I wish he would just disappear, and it is not mostly related to the fact he tried to kill me, I can actually understand where he is coming from, just that he is a barrier between me and the one I love."