III. Chapter 7

Yeran stopped before his chamber doors, breathing deep. Prince Aki, no, Prince Consort Aki, was inside. His husband.

He had gotten waylaid by a friendly knight and arrived here few minutes later than his__his husband.

'His husband,' Yeran repeated to himself, getting used to the feel of word.

The same boy he had had a crush on for three years, the one who he first saw at Ruwanyen. Who he had watched from far, afraid to draw into this blood bath.

Who could have had the capacity to imagine that it was the same enigma who snuck into his room almost five years before. The one he had never seen the face of. Not even in his wildest dreams had he put that face as Prince Aki.

Yeran had gaped, almost gasped out loud when he had first seen that perfection of a face, exchanging a wide eyes look with Zeke, who had smirked a second later and mouthed 'Good luck'. The traitor!

He had known that Aki must be a handsome guy, to be twins with Ruth. For long he had thought Aki as silly for covering his face when his twin stood just beside him. But they looked nothing alike! Bar the shade of their hair and identical eyes, there was nothing similar in them.

He hadn't paid much attention to searching for a portrait and now he will have to pay the price. How could he keep the ruse of relationship with Zeke going when this one is right here?!

He took in another deep breath and pushed the doors open.

The white robes were illuminated under a beam of moonlight and Aki stood there, leaning against the head table, seeming to glowing within.

His eyes raised, the enchanting amethyst was as sharp as ice and just as freezing as well.

Yeran hurried to let the door shut behind them and held a finger against his lips.

Aki's brows furrowed slightly, expressions not shifting.

Yeran tapped a finger against his ear and pointed behind him over a shoulder.

Aki nodded, looking slightly annoyed.

"Aki, yes?" Yeran asked, portraying nonchalant.

"Yes," he answered with an eye roll, "my lord," added as an afterthought.

Aki's eyes dropped to his sleeve, pulling a dagger out of some hidden pocket. Yeran felt his eyes widen.

"Look at me," he said, drawing those purple eyes back to his.

Aki's eyes snapped from his to the window, flipping the dagger in-between his long fingers, Yeran almost getting distracted by the deadly metallic shine.

Yeran shook his head, giving a smirk and a wink. Aki blinked, narrowing his eyes at him.

"I suppose that I must make something clear to you, Aki" he said, drawing a startled look out of the other.

"You may be my lawfully wedded husband, but keep in mind that you will never be anything in my mind, nor my heart, I already have a lover." Yeran continued.

Aki smiled, eyes twinkling with the urge to laugh. He inclined his head and gave a wink in turn, making Yeran's cheeks threaten to heat.

"You will neither be the 1st prince to have lovers, nor the the 1st king to have concubines, my lord" Aki replied with a benevolent voice, a cheeky grin playing on his lips.

Yeran knew, more than felt, when a deep blood rush made to make an appearance and hastily escaped the room with a casual,

"Good night, husband"