II. Chapter 5

Three occupants of the table jumped high at the sharp clang, scarily raising the eyes to the fourth, the last, occupant.

The one who had just speared the piece of chicken in his plate, right through the middle, with, definitely is not a dining knife.

A sharp dagger stood erect on the plate, embedded as it was.

"I'm going to bed." He rose to his feet.

"You," he pointed with another dagger, appeared out of where, Yeran had not had the slightest of the idea. "Will sleep elsewhere,"

"How come his robes always dramatically flare like that?" Zeke asked.

"You know the answer I got to that question? 'Magic!', he did a nice hand wriggle as well," Ruth said, pressing on the bridge of his nose.

"There goes your kiss," Zeke smirked.

"Ah...." Yeran sighed, leaning his cheek on his palm.

Ruth gave him a weird look.

"Aki seems a bit...prickly?" Zeke asked.

"Give him some time to cool off, he hates when people play with emotions," Ruth advised.

"But I didn't..." Yeran whined, awoken from his lovesick daze.

"But he thought you did, think of him as a porcupine, the quills haven't had the time to go down yet. Best not to provoke him, or you'd end up with more holes in your body." Ruth shot a glance at Yeran's injured shoulder.

"So he's not mad?" Yeran asked eagerly.

"OH he's definitely mad, but it's mostly regarding the fact that the two of you completely blindsided him. He doesn't take not knowing things, well.

Yeran wilted like a flower under harsh sun.

"Say, Ruth," he perked up in the blink of an eye, almost giving the other two whiplash.

"You know your brother best right?"

"I would say so?" Ruth asked, suspiciously inching away from Yeran.

Zeke, knowing the 'I have a harebrained idea that might kill me, but I'm going to do it anyway,' gaze in Yeran's eyes, sighed, deeply, again.

"How can I...woo your brother, to say?"

Ruth's brow jumped.

"That my friend," Ruth leaned closer.

"You will have to figure out yourself." He smirked, standing up to leave.

"Ruth..."

"Your highness, Lord Zeke," Ruth only inclined his head as an acknowledgement and chased after his brother.

Yeran's gaze turned back to Zeke.

"OH no, no no no, I am not getting involved in whatever scheme you are cooking up in that bird brain of yours, it will, at the least, have both of us pinned down with daggers, or at most, be relieved of some limbs." Zeke shook his head.

"I'm leaving tomorrow, we cannot dillydally." He said, changing the subject.

"Yes, right," Yeran sat up straight. For all his tendencies to lose his head over a pretty crush, he could always be counted on to be responsible, when needed.

...

"I think it's time we proceed with our plan," Aki was being his usual self from next morning.

"The kings of Vasras and Ruwanyen has agreed to hold a meeting with us." Yeran said.