III. Chapter 3

"I hope I am not being too bold to persume that your__personal attendance speaks for glad tidings" Aki asked, his voice a charming polite mask.

..

"Your exposition piqued my interest, your highness, if I am to be honest," Yeran admitted.

"After much consideration, I have realized that it is for the best of both our proposals."

"What might be the conditions you have, Prince Yeran," Aki tilted his head, the black veil of the hat swaying with motion.

"I like working with intelligent people, yes, I do, have my conditions, Prince Aki, and they are easy to be agreed with,"

"Do say, neither of us have the luxury of time for beating around the bush,"

"I want Terra!"

If Ruth had not known Aki better than he knew of himself, he would have missed the slight shake on his shoulder blades and knew he either suppressed a laugh, or straightened an itch. Considering Prince Yeran's proposal, he was confident enough to bet on the first.

"That is a bold request, Prince Yeran, You have dreams much vaster for your age,"

"I am but a simple man Prince Aki, I see something I want, I take it, however means necessary. For too long I have seen the Council of Royalty oppress my kingdom just for the reason of it being the smallest, people looking down on us following their lead, never mind that our militia is no less stronger than theirs. That our coffers are just as heavy. It needs to be stopped, I will bring them all under my heel if that is what needs to be done, or die trying."

Yeran was...passionate, if nothing else.

"That is not a simple request to be fulfilled," Aki said, lacing his fingers together from where his elbows rested on the table.

"I said simple to be agreed on, not simple to be achieved."

"Hmm...." Aki hummed.

"However, I fail to see how this alliance would benefit us, if you are to be building an empire, would it not go against the very notion of what we fight for? Freeing our people? it would simply transfer from one tyrant to another,"

"I'm insulted," Yeran pressed a hand over his heart in a dramatically exaggeration.

Ruth's let his brow rise, slowly and his twin's intuition let him suspect that Aki did the same.

"If you are done, Prince Yeran, explain how Delhevia will be dealt with, in this... grand scheme of yours?" Ruth asked, sharing a glance with his brother.

Aki's face may be covered, but they wouldn't be twins if they couldn't have an inkling of what the other was thinking.

"Delhevia, would be the only independent kingdom in the continent of Terra."

The continent of Terra that Yeran spoke of, is the biggest civilized continent in their world, not considering the south pole where it was too cold for habitation. Terra is consisted of five countries, named, Delhevia, ruled by Yor Dilherra, Aved, with king Herus Avos, Vasras, lead by King Fewley, Ruwanyen with its King Rawul and finally, the kingdom Neraf, of Queen Calix.

Though Aved, with its least land mass, was usually considered the weakest and as such is scorned by all else but the Queen Calix, is not in fact inadequate than any of said kingdoms.

But, rumors driven into the people's minds as facts were not easy to be discarded and as such Aved was always looked down upon, be it by the monarchs, nobles or the civilians.