Chapter 23

"Yeran!" The door blew open as soon as the bar was taken off.

A blue blur flew at Yeran.

"Zeke, you...I...can't.. breath..."

The blue blur transformed into Lord Zeke, hugging the prince tight.

He let go of him, though not completely, keeping a hand on him arm to steady him.

"You found us," Yeran said.

"Obviously, it was quite easy, were you trying to get caught?" Zeke asked, gaze bouncing from Aki who stood serenely not far from them, to Ruth, still standing by the door. 

Aki snorted. It was quite an undignified sound which Yeran did not expected from him.

"What?!" Zeke asked, incensed.

"It was easy because it was you, we weren't trying to hide from you, Lord Zeke." Ruth explained in his brother's stead.

"Huh?" Yeran asked.

"I have had quite the time to observe you Lord Zeke, I made certain in leaving clues where you would be looking." Ruth added.

"But you two were ready to flee the moment before."

"Never be caught unaware, there could always have been mistakes." Aki said.

"We should move now that Lord Zeke is here," Ruth replied.

"Yeran seems like a strong wind could blow him over." Zeke asked in concern.

"He will be fine to ride with one of us, we can't afford to wait any longer, already delayed too much." Ruth reassured him.

"Back to capital then?" Yeran asked.

"Yes, I scouted ahead some roads, we will be fine for a while." Aki replied.

"You two seem awfully close so suddenly for mortal enemies." Zeke observed the two brothers. 

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Ruth answered.

¤¤¤

Aki dropped down down from the tree, the thud of feet so quiet.

"So?" Zeke asked.

"We are fine, not even a sign." Aki said, mounting his horse.

"How long will it take?" Yeran asked.

"Just a couple more days your highness, if we keep having luck."  Ruth replied, snapping his reins.

¤¤¤

"My child! Oh thank gods!" The queen cradled Yeran to her bosom, almost weeping with joy.

"We heard of the attack at the camp, it got quickly deterred by the soldiers of the border and yet, there was no sign of any of you, I sent Zeke as soon I got the word." The king patted Yeran's shoulder.

"Zeke found us, while we were in hiding after Prince Ruth and Prince Aki saved me." Yeran nodded.

"I'm deeply grateful," the queen had tears in her eyes.

"It was our responsibility, your majesty," Ruth bowed.

King Aved nodded at them,

"Any favor you may wish for, ask, and it shall be yours."

"Thank you, your majesty," Ruth, Aki and Zeke all bowed, again.

¤¤¤

"It is time!" He insisted.