Always (Series Finale)

Olga
July 1932

Many things had changed in the last two-years. Anastasia confessed to the family about her love for Sir Greystone. In the Summer 1931, she visited him in England and took Cheryl with her. From what I know, Sir Greystone absolutely adores little Charolette now. As for Dmitri and Tatiana, they remained the same. But from what I know, perhaps Tatiana has taken some lovers of her own. Igor and I? Per usual, we are as happy as ever. He is still working on physical therapy and becoming stronger, but I continue to help him through it.

The entire Romanov stood in the Peter and Paul Cathedral. The music played quietly. We needed another happy moment, and this was it.

"I pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said. Vladimir and Eudoxia looked at each other with large smiles. They said their prayers before standing up. Applause and cheering came from both ends of the church. Vladimir and Eudoxia laughed as they held hands and walked out of the Cathedral. They were married. As we always knew, when he was ready, Vladimir would love again. I was happy it was someone as sweet as Princess Eudoxia of Bulgaria. I knew he would be taken care of for the rest of his life. Paul would finally know a mother's love.

There was an after party after the wedding. Speeches were given, drinks were shared, and there was much laughter. Papa and Tsar Boris III tried to speak about Hitler and politics, but I immediately shut them down. It was Vladimir's day. That is when I noticed he slipped away. Igor and I went to search for him. We found him in the backyard, sitting on the stairs to patio. We sat next to Vladimir, who had a glass of champagne in his hand.

"Vladimir, whatever is the matter? It is your wedding day! You need to be happy!" I exclaimed.

Vladimir weakly smiled. "I-"

"Oh, so the party moved out here?" We heard a voice. Anastasia, Tatiana, and Dmitri came outside with large smiles on their faces. The three of them sat down next to us.

"As I was saying: everything has changed. Just fifteen-years-ago, I was a soldier fighting in the trenches. Now? I am great friends with the Tsar's family and a famous poet. I have married for the second time as well. We truly are not stupid children anymore, huh?" Vladimir chuckled. Dmitri put his arm around Vladimir.

"It was fun while it lasted though. We had a lot of great moments."

Anastasia giggled. "Why are you all speaking like this is the end of something? This is not the end! Only the beginning."

"No," Tatiana shook her head. "But this feels like the end of something. I do not know why, but it does." We sat silently for a moment. The stars were bright this evening as the loud orchestra played behind us. It was nice to step away for a moment.

"Vladimir, I do not mean to ruin your moment. But I have something to say." Anastasia declared. We turned our attention toward her. "Sir Greystone proposed to me one-week ago. I said yes. In the next year, Cheryl and I will bring moving to England."

My heart dropped. All of us exchanged looks. Vladimir gasped and wrapped his arms around Anastasia.

"I am so happy for you. You deserve this. However, I also have news." Vladimir leaned up and rested his arms on his legs. "Eudoxia and I will not be staying in Russia. After the honeymoon, her and I will be emigrating to Switzerland and living in the French Alps. We are having a mansion built there."

Igor groaned. "What is this?! Why are you all leaving? I agree with Tatiana. It does feel like the end of something."

"But we shall write and telephone all the time." Anastasia nodded.

I shook my head at her. "It is not realistic. We will all have our own lives and no time for each other."

Fireworks started going in celebration of the wedding. We gasped, completely in awe of them. Suddenly, the back door opened to the patio. Anna Vyrubova walked out with her camera.

"Oh, I am so sorry, but Her Imperial Highness Princess Eudoxia is looking for all of you. Say, would you like a photograph?" Anna said. Anastasia gasped and grabbed everyone. It was a sweet and excellent idea. All of us walked farther away with our arms around each other.

"1...2...3!" Anna exclaimed. The camera flashed at us.  The six of us exchanged looks. For some reasons, I burst into tears. Tatiana and Anastasia started crying as well. Even Igor and Vladimir let some tears fall, but Dmitri rolled his eyes at us. Each of us embraced tightly.

We had no idea where we were going to be in ten-years. Nor what would happen. But what thing was for sure: we would always be family. Since 1918, there were many good times and bad times. The important part is helping each other and being able to laugh through the most difficult times. Not only would we be family, but great friends.

Russians.

The Romanovs.
____________________________________
THE END