Reality Of Friendship

Y/n P.o.v

I've been dashing across the forest, tree to tree, trying to get to Sam, but he kept evading, taking tight turns, making me hit a tree or make me lose focus on him. Finally, I caught to him and tackled him down. We slid across the ground until we finally stopped. We stood up, and I took my stance with the still broken sword. Sam created the whip.

Sam: "You know, I almost thought you would've stayed with Jiro. Even though she seemed fine, you could've just checked up on her." I was taking big breath to get it under control. He narrowed his eyes, looking for answers. "But your actions took you over." He said it in realization. "You let your emotions get the better of you."

Y/n: "Shut up, Sam! Stop trying to act like an older person that believe themselves to be a saint!" He chuckled.

Sam: "I am older, after all." He laughed at his own joke. "But seriously, is that why you are sloppy in your attacks? Reckless in your decisions? Because you're letting your anger get in the way?" My grip tightened even more. "This is not the Jedi way. Pffff. Man, I'm full of references today. You should try it."

Y/n: "Enough, Sam!!!" I dashed towards him. He dodged, wrapped the whip around me, and threw me in the air, making me spin, then kicked me.

Sam: "Tsktsktsk. Letting your emotions overwhelm you. Control it, harness it, and then use it to your will instead of it using you." I coughed and looked at him. "If this is how you're going to fight, then I have no need to keep playing."

He used his whip to wrap around me again, slammed me against the floor, threw me to the air, jumped and punched me a couple of times on my body and face, and drop kicked me hard to the ground. I gasped for air and coughed. He landed on my side and crouched while tilting his head.

Sam: "You know, the only time I saw that you were determined, focused, and ready to fight was when you saw me holding Jiro. The rest were just you taking the leap. It's not even the leap of faith, just a leap. And it reminds me of a book I read the other day. The main character was making poor decisions because he was troubled. Emotionally, because he was in one team, the other team were his friends too, and they were fighting each other. I think this is happening to you, too." He patted my arm. "You're just conflicted." I scoffed.

Y/n: "Same as you!" I took hold of his arm and shocked him with electricity. He twitched for a time until he pulled his arm away and walked off to complain. I stood up with a little effort and walked away from him to try and get the air in my lungs and to recover.

I let out a shaky sigh. Just thinking about it, it really pains me to fight him. He's my best friend, and he is just making this life if it was a game. It may be, but I don't know. He likes to play with one's head.

Sam: "This seems like that one fight with Tanjiro and Rui! You with a broken sword, and me with the webs! But instead of webs, wires!" I moved further while avoiding making any noise. "But I guess you need a little motivation!" I hid behind another tree. "How about I bring Jiro to the picture again!? Seems like you only concentrate when she's in danger!" I took deep and controlled breaths while having my eyes closed. "I wonder how she feels right now!? That you left her on the ground with no help just to follow your best friend through the woods! Kinda romantic, in a weird yet funny way!" Suddenly, a tons of wire appeared throughout the forest. "Come out, come out, wherever you are! Fee, fi, fo, fum!" I lowered down, picked up a rock, and threw it to a direction. I hit a wire far away, then the wires instantly wrapped around and cut through the rock in tiny pieces. "Oh ho, playing that little dirty game where you throw an object to distract? Classic. But here's the thing, with that little trick you did, I already know... where... you... are." My eyes widened and jumped forward before I could get caught in his wires. I looked behind and saw the wires moving where I was at. I moved further away from the area and hid behind another tree while calming myself a little more. "And this is the part where Mandalay relays the message about the students allowed to use their Quirks to defend themselves with the permission of Aizawa." And right on cue, Mandalay relays the same message that Sam said. "Not like you'd use it. You're just hiding, like a coward." Suddenly, I was dragged from my legs to the direction he was. I stopped, was wrapped from the wires, and was in front of him.