Phase One

Y/n P.o.v

Shinobu: "The first phase is called 'Expansion'. In this phase, you must exercise your whole body while using the breathing technique. But you must do that within a place that the air or oxygen is lesser than what normal people can take. The best place to do that is somewhere that doesn't have much place, or in this case..."

Y/n: "The top of a mountain." She nodded while giving me a smile.

Shinobu: "Correct." Kanao wiped away a sweat from my forehead with a dried towel. "Now, the second phase is called 'Exploit'. During this phase, you will do some training with Kanao and the girls back at the estate. If you manage to beat Kanao, then you'll be ready for phase three."

Y/n: "And what's phase three?" Shinobu giggled and shrugged.

Shinobu: "I don't know." I flinched. "You see, I haven't chosen a name for it yet. But, this phase is actually where you will train with me. Particulary, 'meditate'." She made the quotation marks with her fingers while saying the word 'meditation'.

Y/n: "Is there something different that will happen during our meditaiton?" She shook her head and put a finger on her mouth.

Shinobu: "THAT will be a secret. Until you pass the other two phases." She patted my head with the same smile. "This is your first day. So, you have 6 more days to go. This means that you got three days to finish the first phase, three days to pass phase two, and one day to pass phase three. So, I suggest for you to start running again." I quickly stood up and gave her the kimono. "Why are you taking it off?"

Y/n: "Because it will get destroyed during my practice. I don't want something so cool and handmade be all torn up." I started running to the path that I went through. My first obstacle was... was... "BEEEEAAAAR!!!" The bear roared and went to claw at me.

I slid between it's paws, and staretd running as fast as possible. I took a small peek behind me and saw that it was getting closer to me. I took a huge amount of air, felt my body strengthen, and I started to run faster. 'Where in the hell did they get a freaking bear!?' I asked myself in surprise and scared for my life. I jumped over some spiked log that popped up when I triggered the trap.

Everything here was connected with wires and ropes that when you pulled them, it triggered the trap.

I looked behind me and saw that the bear was a few feet behind me, but it was still chasing after me. I looked forward and kept on running. Until I felt that something hit my back.

I thrown away and when I landed, my back hurt. It wasn't a normal sting, but a real pain that it was like you weere hit with a pipe or something hard on the back.

I looked at the thing that hit me and it was a log hanging from a tree, and swinging back and forth. I started to stand up, but it was difficult because of the pain on my back.

Loud footsteps were heard coming toward me. I saw that the bear was getting closer to me and ready to attack me. I could've used the technique that people say to use when a bear is near. To lay down and wait until it leaves, but I didn't wanted to take my chances. 'Screw it.' I thought while stared running toward the direction that I had to go.

============Timeskip============

Kanao P.o.v

The second time that he started to run, the bear was actually meant to follow him, but it seemed that Y/n made it angry and got some cuts from it. When he arrived, I already finished setting up the traps for his third run.

I kept changing it after he started running, and Shinobu changed the final traps near the end. This was a good way to make him expand his lungs and make his body more resistant for the upcoming traps that will be set for tomorrow, which will be much difficult. 'Maybe I should put two hungry mountain lions or a pack of hungry wolves.' I thought while debating what to use.