Phase Two

Y/n P.o.v

I just finished the fifth run, I was almost out of breath, and I fell face first to the floor.

My first run was being chased by lionesses. Hungry ones. I barely evaded their pounces, the logs with pointy ends, flying disks, and bear traps, but with the constant breathing I reached the end of the run. After I reached the end, I took a small break, and started to run again.

Now, the rest of the runs, were almost the same with the traps in different areas, but the animal chase were a lot different. There were a pack of wolves, angry chickens, the flying cockroaches again, buffalos, a tiger. 'Where in the hell did they got this animals from!?' I asked myself while flipping my body to look up at the sky, but was met with Shinobu looking down at me.

Shinobu: "How are you feeling?"

Y/n: "H-Hungry and tired." She giggled.

Shinobu: "Well, at least it's noon. So, you can stop for today and head down." I shook my head.

Y/n: "One more... Let me do... one more." She tilted her head.

Shinobu: "But if you do, you may pass out half way there."

Y/n: "I just want to run. No traps or obstacles. Just a normal path for me to run."

Shinobu: "Hmm." She put her hand on her chin and looked down to give thought. Then, she looked at me. "Ok. But you have 15 minutes to return." I nodded and stood up.

Y/n: "Understood." I started to run.

The other runs lasted more than thirty minutes, but since this was just a run without obstacles, then it might take less. Probably lesser than 15 minutes. 'Wonder how Jiro is doing?' I asked myself.

Jiro P.o.v

I was returning from patrol with Death Arms. This was way harder than class. Always running around the city, keeping and eye and ear out for any sign of distress, be prepared for any sort of ambush, and more heroic stuff.

Death Arms: "No sign from your boyfriend?" I flinched and shook my head while feeling my cheeks warming up.

Jiro: "H-He is not my boyfriend! We're just friends."

Death Arms: "Every good couple started like that. Just being friends and all."

Jiro: "I don't think he thinks of me that way. He told me that I was a good friend and that's it." I was feeling a little disappointed since he said something similar when he was in my house.

Death Arms: "Sometimes we say things that has different meaning. So, you don't know if he was trying to say tha you're a good person and he likes you more than friends." I scratched the back of my head while looking at the side, and my cheeks were warm. "Why don't you give him a call and find out?"

Jiro: "Because he said that he won't have reception when he starts his internship."

Death Arms: "Now that, is something that is called excuse. When we arrive, just give him a call. Ok?" I nodded and gave thought to it.

'Maybe he was right. Maybe Y/n really was trying to say that he likes me. But does he?' I shook my head and smacked my hands on my cheeks to cast those thoughts aside and focus on my internship.

Y/n P.o.v

After my run, I had to walk down on my own. While doing so, I was doing the constant breathing technique. It was actually helping my lungs to expand and how to strengthen my physical strength. 'Now, I have to learn how to do it in my sleep.' I thought.

When I finished walking, I showered and had dinner with the girls. We didn't talked much. It was just some sort of awkward silence and small talks. After finishing eating, I went straight to the medic room and sat on the bed with my eyes closed and kept on doing the constant breathing technique.