Ten

Right now, Beca and I are driving to her mom's. I'm a little frightened by the way her father acted when we told him we were going to see her. He just stood there, silent when I asked why Beca and her mom weren't acting like mother and daughter, more like aquantances.

"Ask Beca, her mother only told me part of the story. It's complicated." Was all he told me.

This time, Beca was driving.

"Excited to see your mom?" I ask, she shrugs. "What, um, did go on with you and your mom?"

She sighs before running her left hand through her hair. "I mean, we love each other and all, we just- it's nothing, really." She assures me.

Once we arrive at Beca's mother's, I watch as she takes a deep breath and I reach for her hand. She lightly smiles at me and walks to the doorstep with me. She closes her eyes once we stand on her mother's door step, then she takes a small step, rings the door bell, then steps back again.

A woman his hair the color and length of Beca's and pale pinks nails opens the door.

"Beca." Her mom smiles, she's actually happy to see her daughter, unlike Beca.

"Hi mom." Beca flashes a small smile, then her mom looks over to me.

"I'm Daphne, Beca's mother." Her mom introduces herself and offers a hand shake, which I shake back at.

"I'm Jesse, Beca's boyfriend."

"Oh, of course you are! You guys look perfect together!" Daphne comments and stares at our luggage. "Please, come in!"

We are having dinner at the moment, and to be honest, I'm a little frightened if anything goes down.

"So, Beca, how was college?"

"Fine," Beca looks down at her meat loaf. "I won in the world's a Capella competition."

"Oh?"

"Yeah," I answer for her. "She was great, I wish you could've been there, Daphne."

"Oh, yes, I knew this was coming. Beca's father actually invited me, I don't know if you two have met or anything-"

"Jesse has actually been living with us for two weeks, mom." Beca interupts, earning a glare from her mother for interrupting.

"Like I was saying, I couldn't make it because I had a date that night."

So, you mean to tell me your daughter was competing against countries around the world, and because you had a date, you decided not to come? Beca reaches for my hand under the table, sensing my anger.

"Was it with Tom?" Beca changes the subject to Daphne's dating life.

"No, it was David. Tom and I broke up the night before because he was moving to Wisconsin. I guess I forgot to call you."

So, you dated this man twenty-four hours after you and a man you had been dating broke up?

"Oh. What is David like?" I couldn't stand this anymore.

"Um, excuse me, where's your bathroom?" Was the best excuse that popped up into my head.

"Down the hall, third on your left." I nodded at Daphne as I followed her directions. Amy had texted me twice, saying to call me when we got there and to tell her how it was going so far. I decide to give her a call.

"Hello?" An all familiar Australian voice greets, obviously Amy.

"Hi Amy, its Jesse." I hear a gasp and giggles until Amy replies.

"Oh. How are you?" She asks.

"I want to leave this house hold, her mother- I can't even start without getting annoyed." I stop myself quickly, noticing that Beca will think that I'm not feeling good if I'm in here for too long. "I have to go."

"Give me a call, bitch!" Bumper hollers before I hang up and walk out of the bathroom, back to the dining room.

"You kids are probably exhausted after driving so long, why don't you go rest?" Daphne mentions once I enter. Beca nods for us. "Okay, the guest bedroom is upstairs, the second door to your right.

A/N:

Hey guys, sorry it's short. And sorry I haven't update in 36-48 hours. but 1k!!!!! I'm peeing and screaming at the top of my lungs! (I meant peeing my pants but whatever.)

So, what do you guys think of Daphne, Beca's mom? Idk what I think about her.

Because part of my feels bad that she had to go though divorce and not see her daughter for years and years! But part of me haters her.

Thank ya, love ya!